news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Nice one to those attending the marches yesterday thanks on my behalf and that of many others … pretty well attended in most places and I’d imagine the momentum will start to grow as happens with these things . Car crash interview with truss today and it looks like many of the things won’t progress through parliament with Gove sticking the knife in directly after … is there a vote tomorow ? Not looking great for either her or kamikaze 

Funny to see the commentators online saying the Truss interview was alright, seemed pretty poor to me. She rattled off her lines about Putin and pretty much ignored the fact she’s giving the rich massive tax cuts.

The comms isn’t the issue here. 

Edited by Ozanne

11 minutes ago, lost said:

Gove seems to be the one the centrists are organising behind. I wonder if he's going to be the one to challenge in the next few months.

He always wanted the top job so I wouldn’t be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

But then you get Mogg 😛 

lZ4BEw6G_400x400.jpg

haqng on theres still the full-on  ERG  nutters in the party, much worse than mogg.

Edited by Neil

34 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

he has the brains to realise you can't do what is being done at the moment.

This week could get nasty. There seem to be alot of twitter rumours Credit Suisse and/or Deutsche Bank might be about to do what British pension funds nearly did when the market opens tomorrow.

It was always the rumour why the ECB waited so long to start raising rates.

Edited by lost

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Elections in Brazil start today...could be Bolsonaro out and the return of Lula. Voting is compulsory in Brazil. Very important elections for them and the world.

Bolsonaro is already threatening to refuse to go quietly a la Trump 2020/21 with this worrying impulse of people in a democracy acting as though results don't count when they lose. If it is over in one ballot today, it threatens to get ugly quickly.