news & politics:discussion

zahidf

20 minutes ago, Neil said:

In 2014 it was Scottish voters holding back independence. 

You've said something true, Neil.

See, you can do it.

48 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It so sad that a fair chunk of the Scottish people don't look at something like Brexit and realise how awful the break up of the UK will be for everyone.  The pain would be massive and far out weigh Brexit.  Surely we should be more fearful than ever of nationalist politicians making promises they can't keep.  Border check points on the M6...  awesome...  

The bad impacts of sindy would be hugely onto Scotland. Much more self harm than brexit. With causes  easier to identify as that self inflicted. Queues at the border will be caused by sindy. Cos now without sindy there's no queues 

15 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Do you ever think you might care too much about it considering you live in Bristol?

A bad idea is a bad idea, same as brexit was a bad idea, sold to a prejudiced electorate by liars with prejudicial lies. Sindy is all the same as brexit. 

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

A bad idea is a bad idea, same as brexit was a bad idea, sold to a prejudiced electorate by liars with prejudicial lies. Sindy is all the same as brexit. 

Doesn't really answer my question though. There are bad ideas galore in politics and people who believe them. This seems more like an obsession.

40 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Doesn't really answer my question though. There are bad ideas galore in politics and people who believe them. This seems more like an obsession.

its no more of an obsession than me being anti-brexit was, and i followed indyref1 closely, captivated by the nutty logic and lies they were using, same as i followed the fruitcakes with brecit, trump, and the others where big big lies are at the centre of it.

I was wondering what the panel thinks of the latest Royal Mail strikes. For transparency I am a CWU member as I worked for the agency that supplied the RM. I was asked to work even though I am on sick benefits but they offered an obscene amount of cash. Still I am not working. We need to relationise the RM. Its a civil service after all

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I was wondering what the panel thinks of the latest Royal Mail strikes. 

i've got a "support the post strikes" poster in my window, and the postie said thanks 🙂 

17 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I was wondering what the panel thinks of the latest Royal Mail strikes. For transparency I am a CWU member as I worked for the agency that supplied the RM. I was asked to work even though I am on sick benefits but they offered an obscene amount of cash. Still I am not working. We need to relationise the RM. Its a civil service after all

fully support them ... although in fairness i rarely get post so the impact to me is minimal 

19 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Fully support them striking, they should be paid more. 

51 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I support all strikes until they negatively affect me and then I don't.

8 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

It's an ongoing question of what a worker's real worth is, those who support UBI, universal basic income, need to consider how much someone should be paid to get up at 5 a.m. on a winters morning to sort and deliver their mail, on the other hand how much should a doctor be paid? A postman's job is relatively easy, it doesn't need a lot of skill (at least not when I did it) so where does the balance lie? In my time the pay was fair for what the job entailed, but that was years ago. I agree essential national services should be publically owned (Mail, Rail, Water) but having unions in public services distorts wages (when other services are not unionised).

9 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

"The union forever, defending our rights. Down with the blackleg, all workers unite. With our brothers and our sisters, in many far off lands. THERE IS POWER IN A UNION."