Who we got as possibilities, then?

Noel Gallagher (obvs)
Jack White

Florence and the Machine
Harry Styles
Dua Lipa
Lorde
Wolf Alice
Royal Blood (even though we’ve heard not)
Biffy Clyro
The National
Dave

Anyone I’m missing? Obvs half of those above seem unlikely but who tf knows what we’re gonna get!

Would be my guess of the ones you've listed (but still think WA will sub The Other).

Maybe Styles would get the nod, but given the size of his tour he's probably a headliner now. 

Genuinely stumped.

As someone who doesn’t care at all about Florence and doesn’t want her to headline again, I agree that she ain’t rocking up as a sub this year.

Unless they do what it looked like they were maybe doing with a Mumford secret set before Taylor Swift. That’s the only way I see Harry Styles or Flo subbing. But I don’t really see the point.

Flo secret set on Park/JP.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I don't see either Florence or Style to be honest. I think you're overestimating the size of the acts they get to sub.

You have one act who has headlined recently and would again, and another who is clearly already headline sized. Look back at previous years, has there ever been an act as big as either of those two subbing? The very last act to sub was Vampire Weekend, they're not jumping from that to Harry Styles. 

Dunno. I think with a backlog of acts we’ve had some acts will probably look a bit underbilled. Biffy subbed and they headline any other festival they do. Katy Perry played third down. Glasto can do it.

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Would be my guess of the ones you've listed (but still think WA will sub The Other).

Maybe Styles would get the nod, but given the size of his tour he's probably a headliner now. 

Genuinely stumped.

I’m currently on Jack White, Noel, Lorde, with the thinking that Lorde was probably booked before her album tanking. Even after the tanking she’s as popular as Vampire Weekend, surely?

Got Wolf Alice subbing Other.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dunno. I think with a backlog of acts we’ve had some acts will probably look a bit underbilled. Biffy subbed and they headline any other festival they do. Katy Perry played third down. Glasto can do it.

Biffy headline places like Download, not Glastonbury.

Put a gun to my head now and I'd say Jack White, Noel, Lorde (not in order).

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Unless Flo is Dua’s other stage replacement…

And this is why people get in arms about some of the things you bring up. We have nothing to base that Dua isn't there. Nothing to base that Flo is there and yet your now saying she might replace her. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

And this is why people get in arms about some of the things you bring up. We have nothing to base that Dua isn't there. Nothing to base that Flo is there and yet your now saying she might replace her. 

Only a thought - will be an interesting 24 hours 

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

To be fair to Matt that's just harmless speculation.

I just like to believe that Glastonbury can wrangle a larger than usual booking. It’s by far the biggest festival in the world bar Coachella and lots of people really want to play it.

I will never, ever, doubt this festivals ability to pull something special out of the bag!

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I just like to believe that Glastonbury can wrangle a larger than usual booking. It’s by far the biggest festival in the world bar Coachella and lots of people really want to play it.

I will never, ever, doubt this festivals ability to pull something special out of the bag!

I don't doubt Flo could sub headline. 

People saying they can't get her to sub headline when we had AEROSMITH 3rd down in a 'speical' slot and a pretty much confirmed Mumford and Sons to sub headline (a past headliner) both in 2020. 

I could definitely see Florence and Harry Styles subbing. Florence isn't big enough to headline now and I reckon she'd accept any slot she was offered because loves the place. Harry I can imagine just really wanting to play Glastonbury for the first time and would accept subbing.

I think think the fact both are British would probably sway things too. Got a more immediate respect and understanding for the festival, aswell as a bigger desire to play.