2023 Festival

TheWaters

13 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Imagine Dragons are there next year and absolutely won’t be bottled off the stage lol.

(that was the joke, evidently didn't make it clear enough!)

Here's a good one... would LadBaby get bottled off if they played festivals?

Edited by wro_lap

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Not behind funny but The Cribs are in the UK the week before R&L. Pit headliner??

The Cribs aren't a pit band really, even a FR band which it now is. They would look very out of place on the Reading lineup

Just now, wro_lap said:

Reckon they'll play Victorious

me too. With The Coral and The Enemy already there, The Cribs fit like a glove. 

I am hoping that Noel Gallagher and Jonny Marr head down to Victorious as well. They have shared a few previously including both headliners within the last few years and Hardwick has got 3 days this year although I suspect Friday is lower key.

Noel hasn't played since 2016 either and is free the Friday and Sunday that weekend. Touring with Primal Scream, Feeder and Johnny Marr and the first two have recently been at Victorious.

How tf are you tryna make a point by involving a literal paedo. Imagine Dragons are shite but at least they don’t touch fucking children. Worst thing I think I’ve seen in a long time on here and there’s been some stinkers

On 12/17/2022 at 8:51 AM, foolee said:

Last Train Home is still better than anything Imagine Dragons have ever done 

Rooftops was an absolute banger.

I always thought it was Last Shadow Puppets that had the paedophilia stuff. It was last year I tried to find Last Train Home and Dancing on the Rooftops on Spotify to find it was actually Lostprophets. 

If you reverted this line-up to 1xMS and 1xR1, who would be where? who would be left at home?

MS//

Sam Fender + Foals >> Yungblud >> Becky Hill >> Steve Lacey >> Inhaler

Billie Eilish >> Lewis Capaldi >> Nothing But Thieves >> Trippie Redd >> You Me At Six

The Killers >> Machine Gun Kelly >> Slowthai >> Don Broco >> Tion Wayne 

R1//

Loyle Carner >> Wet Leg

Central Cee >> Baby Queen

Decklan Mckenna >> Chase Atlantic

Dance//

Bicep live

Home - Imagine Dragons

Edited by Chad888

4 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

If you reverted this line-up to 1xMS and 1xR1, who would be where? who would be left at home?

MS//

Billie Eilish >> Lewis Capaldi >> Nothing But Thieves >> Trippie Redd >> You Me At Six

R1//

Loyle Carner >> Wet Leg

Dance//

Bicep live

Home - Imagine Dragons

Slowthai on R1 over Declan McKenna 

5 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

MS//

R1//

Loyle Carner >> Wet Leg

Dance//

Bicep live

Home - Imagine Dragons

Bicep's show wouldn't fit in the Dance tent, they'd do R1 in Declan's slot

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

MS//

R1//

Loyle Carner >> Wet Leg

Dance//

Bicep live

Home - Imagine Dragons

The underlined acts - are you just assuming they're going to be there or is this common knowledge?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Bicep's show wouldn't fit in the Dance tent, they'd do R1 in Declan's slot

Aren't Bicep a dance DJ set? 

The Dance tent has always had those acts in there. Fatboy Slim is probably the closest, and I watched him last headline Dance. Camelphat, Fred Again, ShyFX, Gorgon City etc...

Edited by Chad888

8 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

The Dance tent has always had those acts in there. Fatboy Slim is probably the closest, and I watched him last headline Dance. Camelphat, Fred Again, ShyFX, Gorgon City etc...

Yeah but they're too popular right now to play old dance stage. More popular than Hybrid Minds, Gorgon City or Wilkinson. 

Edited by BenG92

49 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Look at their Glastonbury setup. Its an outdoor or at least far bigger tent production. None of those acts listed have production anywhere close - it would be like putting the chemical brothers in there

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah but they're too popular right now to play old dance stage. More popular than Hybrid Minds, Gorgon City or Wilkinson. 

Again it depends on who else is on at the same time.

The days of Fat Boy Slim headlining the dance tent has gone as theres not enough other acts on to spread the crowd...

Last time he headlined you had the choice of-

Kasabian

You Me at Six

Billy Talent

and

Bear's Den

as options to split the crowd...

This year you'd have Killers and whoever is on in the 1 Extra at the same time. Not going to happen in the Dance tent now

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

Again it depends on who else is on at the same time.

The days of Fat Boy Slim headlining the dance tent has gone as theres not enough other acts on to spread the crowd...

Don't disagree with this part but they're still too big, the same year Fatboy Slim was on the dance tent, Flume headlined NME for the same reason. See also Disclosure on main in 2016

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Don't disagree with this part but they're still too big, the same year Fatboy Slim was on the dance tent, Flume headlined NME for the same reason. See also Disclosure on main in 2016

Flume headlined against Andy C in the dance tent. Fatboy slim headlines the same time as YMAS

Point is Killers main stage, Central Cee R1, Bicep dance stage and they’d all be fine

Obv Reading is not going to offer that these days. Just stick them on at 5pm instead, 3 less acts to book 👍🏼