Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

Gabriels at Here at Outernet last night.   First impressions of Here as a venue, excellent sound with good sightlines, It's not perfect, and feels a bit soulless, but lots to like, and good to have a 2k capacity venue back on Charing Cross Road!

Gabriels were stunning, I manged to totally miss them at Glastonbury despite them being one of the few bands on my must see list, so delighted to grab tickets for the tour.  What a voice.

image.thumb.png.71d466497684a5769af296e40427a787.png

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Playing in Dublin in a couple of weeks and a few tickets have become available again. Love the new album so cant miss this can I?

I dunno bruvva, it's still a fairly acquired taste, but if you've seen him do the last few tours, you're in for a fucking treat. I do think the Palladium was exceptional, even on this run of dates, from what seasoned bob watchers are saying.

Just now, Mardy said:

I dunno bruvva, it's still a fairly acquired taste, but if you've seen him do the last few tours, you're in for a fucking treat. I do think the Palladium was exceptional, even on this run of dates, from what seasoned bob watchers are saying.

Loved the last few gigs Ive seen yeah. 2017 and 2014 the last two I think. Sold.

So back in June, for my birthday, my wife presented me with Squeeze tickets…

that’ll be nice I thought… Tilbrook and Difford shuffling through a few of their old hits whilst topping up their pension pots.

well feck me, in Cambridge tonight they were nothing short of brilliant.!

a superbly tight band bashed their way through an absolutely breathless hour and forty minutes, with barely a pause between songs… 

don’t get me wrong, there were not a lot of youngsters present… but if you considered yourself a Squeeze fan back in the day, do yourself a favour and get a ticket for this tour… Marvellous stuff.!

a shout out for John Cooper Clarke opening.. always good value.

if you do get to see them and think I have been wearing the rose tinted spectacles please let me know… I only had 1 pint so it wasn’t through beer goggles..

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 4:45 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For those tuning in from the Uk, 24oz is equal to around 1.2pints, 19.2oz is a pint. That IPA is around £14 a pint. 

Bet nobody was chucking pint glasses in that crowd...

Given how expensive pints are getting here I'm always surprised to see them being lobbed. Or maybe it was the case I hadn't missed that as part of the concert going experience and did not enjoy it when it happened during Green Day at the London Stadium even before accounting for how bloody expensive pints are at that joint.

Also, as far as this thing goes, $6 for a sports drink? Is that a concert going essential over there as an alternative to Coke/Pepsi?

6 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

F*ckin’ hell…Pabst Blue Ribbon is rather more expensive than it was when I lived in NYC! Used to be the cheapest thing you could drink! 

It was hilarious when I saw that pricing for a PBR. But, its vegas and a festival So go figure. Although you couldve easily snuck in some hard alcohol to save yourself some expenses. Also there were re entry and there was a mini mart right around the corner from the festival grounds. 

Last night was a trip down to Exeter cavern to see October Drift with support from Low Girl .... She has an amazing voice and quite aptly for halloween slightly haunting, thoroughly recommend ... think she plays Esquires regularly .... October Drift building their presence and reputation as an incredible live band with superb crowd interaction .... vocalist Kiwi was in amongst the Audience on several occasions being joined by Chris the drummer who also did a bit of crowd surfing .... and stand in Jack was also lifted into the crowd ... Alex rejoined the band for the last leg of the tour and we were treated to a rare 5 person song. The second album will see them climbing the positions at festivals next year ive absolutely no doubt . Do not miss if you get the chance  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Confidence Man just ripped the (newly added and delightfully furnished) roof off KOKO. If you are catching them on this UK jaunt then you are in for a treat. 

I was there too! Got soaked by Sugar's champagne 🤣

Went to see Keg last night for the 7th time. One of the most fun live bands you can see. Really great show. 

Bleach Lab tonight and Warmduscher with Opus Kink tomorrow. This time of year is just rammed, even outside of the largest cities. Love it.