Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

• 2 weeks later...

Went to All Points East - the Death Cab / Postal Service day.
Pretty amazing line up if you’re into that kind of thing… it was a really good opportunity for me to see bands I should’ve seen back in the day but stupidly didn’t…felt like a massive treat to get them all in one day.

Saw Sleater Kinney for the first time and wondered why I’d not made the effort before as they were really good fun.  

Yo La Tengo, filling much of their short set with a rambling version of some song I didn’t know!

Decemberists were pretty good, another one I’d never seen. Left them halfway through to get to Phoenix. (Via a quick look in on the self esteem DJ set)

Phoenix closing off their epic world tour, I saw them play the same set to a tiny crowd in Woodsies in 22, they were great as always. Mad that they were only just ending that tour two years later. 

Then Death Cab and Postal Service .. bands I should’ve definitely seen years ago too.. bloody love Postal Service and kicked myself for not seeing them on a previous anniversary tour so having the opportunity to catch them on the next anniversary was great .  They didn’t disappoint.. it was perfect.

Really liked All Points East too, nice little festival, if you ignore the commercial side.. the staging and sound seemed good and it wasn’t too hectic.. managed to get right down the front for Phoenix and a decent spot for the headliners. 

IMG_1783.jpeg

IMG_1769.jpeg

IMG_1750.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 9/6/2024 at 9:30 AM, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Lemon twigs were fantastic last night. Tchotchke were the surprise of the night though, really f**king good

Just seen them tonight. Christ, what a show. 12 strings, Hofner bass, three part harmonies and Peter Tork haircuts, what’s not to like. Show just kept getting better and better.

Cheers for the support recommendation as well - listened to them this morning and loved them so got along early.