Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

On 10/21/2024 at 9:36 AM, Talcroft said:

I also really enjoyed the PSB show on Friday. Really tight set and Nera is a great addition (who the Friday night Manchester crowd really appreciated). Would've liked to have seen more dancing from the audience but given the audience they attract maybe I was asking too much (husband, for E.g., didn't even take his coat off. He managed to crack out a little head bop for Go and Everest... Then proclaimed it his gig of the year). 

Also saw Four Tet on Saturday in Manchester, full review on the E&D thread, but really in a quandary about where he goes on the farm now. Too big for his old sets, too niche for main stages, needs a longer slot to really show off. Interesting one. 

This one made me chuckle… so much so that I left my coat at home for last nights Cambridge performance and even wore shorts to appear more edgy…

Having only seen them at festivals (Latitude yonks ago & Bearded Theory a couple of years back) I was keen to hear a fuller set..

Agree totally that the marvellous vocals really added depth to previous shows…

Being of a certain age I joined in with the  occasional head bop to show willing…

All in all, a terrific, well crafted show with their own unique schtick….

2 nights previous in the same venue, a slightly older crowd enjoyed bouncing along to a string of old classics from Squeeze…

Glen Tilbrook does a lot of the heavy lifting here and his vocals are surprisingly good…

they probably padded the show by 30% more than last years tour, which had a good deal of the nostalgia grabbers losing interest…

new material is in the offing but it may be a struggle to keep the masses happy touring it…

A perfect festival band for me..

• Like 1

Saw Blossoms at the Halifax Victoria Theatre, Red Rum Club supporting.

First time I've stood at a gig there, quit old school with paper tickets, plastic wristbands (which the show name and date printed on) and more cash only bars than card machines (plus £1 cloak room).

The band themselves were brilliant, the new album has filled in the gaps and now given them a really solid 90 show. No doubt you will get to see them soon as they are everywhere but well worth a headline. Also credit to them I saw them 2 years ago and the ticket price was the same as this weekend.

6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Saw Blossoms at the Halifax Victoria Theatre, Red Rum Club supporting.

First time I've stood at a gig there, quit old school with paper tickets, plastic wristbands (which the show name and date printed on) and more cash only bars than card machines (plus £1 cloak room).

The band themselves were brilliant, the new album has filled in the gaps and now given them a really solid 90 show. No doubt you will get to see them soon as they are everywhere but well worth a headline. Also credit to them I saw them 2 years ago and the ticket price was the same as this weekend.

How much was it? I don't feel they've got significantly bigger since - though that massive show in the summer may prove otherwise - but good to see prices are flat.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

How much was it? I don't feel they've got significantly bigger since - though that massive show in the summer may prove otherwise - but good to see prices are flat.

£84 for 2 tickets including fees and postage, last time I paid about £82 for 2 but had digital tickets.

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Agree especially with 2 acts I like, there was a second support as well but we arrived just as they were finishing.

Ghost prices start in the mid forties plus fees, which feels like an anomaly for arenas in this day and age.

They do soar to triple figures beyond that though. If they can muster up a couple of good supports - or at least one who does forty-five minutes at a minimum - you should get your money's worth there.