Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

Moby at Manc Apollo - Very good.

Had a bit of a lull when he did a slower "quieter" run. He asked the crowd 'was that too many quiet songs in a row?' As I think he felt the crowd got a bit restless.

We are all made of stars was the surprising highlight.

Johnny Cash 'Ring of Fire' Cover - strange.

Support Act - Lady Blackbird. Incredible voice.

The crowd... Annoying. A lot of talking. Including 1 bloke just telling someone how amazing Moby is very loudly during the quiet songs & 2 blokes nearly having a scrap.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Had a bit of a lull when he did a slower "quieter" run. He asked the crowd 'was that too many quiet songs in a row?' As I think he felt the crowd got a bit restless.

The crowd... Annoying. A lot of talking. Including 1 bloke just telling someone how amazing Moby is very loudly during the quiet songs & 2 blokes nearly having a scrap.

Glad it was good, going tonight in London. What time did he come on? I'm working late tonight, so am anxious I am going to miss the start 

Saw Kiasmos at the Troxy last night. 

Not a venue I’d been to before, sound was pretty poor tbh. 

Was a decent enough gig but the slower more ambient parts of their set didn’t really translate well live. 

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Nice, im off to see him tonight in London! Hope for less talkers!!

Saw Moby myself last night - was very good. Love ‘Feeling So Real’.

Big bug bearer of mine when people can’t be quiet for 3 mins when a slower song is on.

Saw him headline Glasto in 2003, and whilst he’s not that level no more would love him to do another gig on the farm.

7 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I was there as well and agree with 99% of that.  Just too many really quiet/acapella type songs for me where the gig chatterers could really be heard (thankfully they weren't too bad near us for most of the gig).  But thankfully some great bangers as well.

Worst part was journey back to Leeds with M62 closures and poor diversion signs doubling the journey time.