The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm pretty sure it was on the Friday night.....26th June 2020 if anyone has access to old weather reports!

The party we had was on the Saturday so there was definitely rain around then.

Having said this, we all know Worthy Farm has it's own micro climate so who knows what was happening there!

56 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Incorrect, it rained over the course of that weekend and the BBC made a point of this during the Live at Worthy Farm thing when interviewing Michael Eavis.

Did it rain to any substantial amount? Historic forecasts have it at high teens and 20s and dry

Y

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

there’s actuslly a few website where you can check the local weather station historical stuff (which is Bristol airport) which saw zero precipitation. 

However there a RadioX article that refers to the BBC Glastonbury forecasts for that weekend that talking about specific Glasto forecast for that weekend that says some “light rain” all 3 days main, but generally with highs of 29 degrees, so still a scorcher and you’d think dry under foot at that heat? 

Anyway talking about a 2 year old weather forecast when I should be working is some real deranged efests behaviour

I'm looking forward to when the weather geeks turn up and start talking about "GFS runs" and "Ensembles" and things like that. It's my favourite part of the festival build up.

What are the longest range weather models available, which will enable the usual absurd levels of weather geekery to begin?

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Y

there’s actuslly a few website where you can check the local weather station historical stuff (which is Bristol airport) which saw zero precipitation. 

However there a RadioX article that refers to the BBC Glastonbury forecasts for that weekend that talking about specific Glasto forecast for that weekend that says some “light rain” all 3 days main, but generally with highs of 29 degrees, so still a scorcher and you’d think dry under foot at that heat? 

Anyway talking about a 2 year old weather forecast when I should be working is some real deranged efests behaviour

1. Bristol Airport is not Pilton!

2. That RadioX article is a forecast, not actually what happened, the weather was incredibly hot in the lead up to it and then changed on the Friday night when the live broadcast was on and over the Saturday.  If 200,000 people had been on site that would have caused a lot of mud as it continued for quite a while I think.

Yes, as you were. 🙂 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

There was definitely rain in the SW. We had a party at my friends farm next to Chew Valley Lake and the weather was very hit and miss. 

We eventually moved ourselves in to one of the barns.

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

1. Bristol Airport is not Pilton!

2. That RadioX article is a forecast, not actually what happened, the weather was incredibly hot in the lead up to it and then changed on the Friday night when the live broadcast was on and over the Saturday.  If 200,000 people had been on site that would have caused a lot of mud as it continued for quite a while I think.

Yes, as you were. 🙂 

Absolutely - we are in Devon and did Glasthomebury in our back garden. It was scorching all week and I had friends over Thursday night - we sat out until midnight in t-shirts. 

Friday night it was lovely until about sunset then the rain was biblical. 

Saturday was very windy and overcast and we were sat outside freezing. Then Sunday we cancelled as it was still the same. 

I know you all have the webcam to satisfy your need to see the farm on a daily basis, so these images are not needed.  Just wanted to share some near and far images of the farm as she wakes up in spring.

*no filters used.

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting

20220314_093729.jpg