The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Are people really complaining that it might be a bit cold. 18 and 19 degrees isn't cold especially when you are in a crowd and after a few beers. I would rather it be a bit warmer but this is England in June, all that should matter is the ground isn't a bog and rain isn't coming down all the time we are there. I think with how hot some of the recent festivals have been  people are expecting it on a regular basis now. I would much rather have to wear a jumper throughout the day rather than a rain coat

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Can't believe anyone complaining about 18°! That's basically perfect. It's warm enough to enjoy the weather, cool enough to not sweat your nuts off and get a good night's sleep. We're looking at a perfect run right now IMO

Edited by K2SO

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Can't believe anyone complaining about 18°! That's basically perfect. It's warm enough to enjoy the weather, cool enough to not sweat your nuts off and get a good night's sleep. We're looking at a perfect run right now IMO

Forecast I’m seeing has it peaking at 16 degrees with scattered showers throughout the week. 

Very unsettled and changeable weather right now. I’d much rather see a stable period of high pressure. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Forecast I’m seeing has it peaking at 16 degrees with scattered showers throughout the week. 

Very unsettled and changeable weather right now. I’d much rather see a stable period of high pressure. 

I'll take that as well tbh. Would rather those showers not turn up but 14-23 is perfect to me... I just don't want the mud!

15 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Are people really complaining that it might be a bit cold. 18 and 19 degrees isn't cold especially when you are in a crowd and after a few beers. I would rather it be a bit warmer but this is England in June, all that should matter is the ground isn't a bog and rain isn't coming down all the time we are there. I think with how hot some of the recent festivals have been  people are expecting it on a regular basis now. I would much rather have to wear a jumper throughout the day rather than a rain coat

Correct, a thin fleece in a back pack or in the lock up is perfect if the weather turns a bit nippy. 

17 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Exactly this. I would rather have to wear a hoody all weekend than not be able to sit on the floor because it's an utter shitshow. Sign me up for 18-19 and dry all weekend.

I think some of the runs have been teasing us with the prospect of full blown heatwave weather. It's a less likely outcome, but it is somewhat teased in some of the runs, where high pressure stays in control. This sets a high bar, and anything short of a heatwave gets a negative reception.

But actually the worst runs are still predicting pretty middling weather, which is perfectly acceptable for a lovely festival weekend. We are not seeing any runs predict biblical rain, or a total washout which is what actually has the potential to ruin the weekend.

If you set the bar to be "heatwave", you are always likely to be disappointed.

6 minutes ago, Sku said:

I think some of the runs have been teasing us with the prospect of full blown heatwave weather. It's a less likely outcome, but it is somewhat teased in some of the runs, where high pressure stays in control. This sets a high bar, and anything short of a heatwave gets a negative reception.

But actually the worst runs are still predicting pretty middling weather, which is perfectly acceptable for a lovely festival weekend. We are not seeing any runs predict biblical rain, or a total washout which is what actually has the potential to ruin the weekend.

If you set the bar to be "heatwave", you are always likely to be disappointed.

After 2017 & 2019 I think as you mention our expectations are considerably higher than they were in years before that.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Fuck

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/long-range-forecast

This unsettled weather is likely to continue for the rest of the week with most areas to see some rain...........with the chance of some stronger winds at times.

..., especially the north and northwest ... perhaps slightly cooler in the north ....

I think some of the bits above that you chose to omit are quite important... 

1 minute ago, slumberjack said:

..., especially the north and northwest ... perhaps slightly cooler in the north ....

I think some of the bits above that you chose to omit are quite important... 

most areas to see some rain

The southeast has the best chance of experiencing some sunshine - Implying that we're not getting any.