Act missing from poster

Crazyfool01

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is what I was leaning to actually.

Think they’ve got a pyramid sub that requires their own announcement, but I don’t think there will be a big song and dance about the missing other headline. Could just be Fatboy.

Could it be Calvin Harris? All agree stage feels it’s missing a big dance name as previous years. Strongly rumoured to be on the farm under Love Generator and stadium dates either side of the festival so would imply he has a show of that scale good to go.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm with Matt. I still think those cunning Eavises have got some surprises up their sleeves...

Yeah I think this year is going to be a total slam dunk of a lineup. Tickets will be a nightmare for 2023 because it’s going to look cracking.

Just now, curlyjake said:

Could it be Calvin Harris? All agree stage feels it’s missing a big dance name as previous years. Strongly rumoured to be on the farm under Love Generator and stadium dates either side of the festival so would imply he has a show of that scale good to go.

Woah that’s interesting because we had a tip off from someone he’s on the farm that night 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Woah that’s interesting because we had a tip off from someone he’s on the farm that night 

Pretty sure those Glasgow and Belfast dates went on sale lineup poster drop morning a reason to leave off initial announce. If the love generator tip off is true, I’m putting my quid on him being the missing other headliner 

Edited by curlyjake

1 minute ago, curlyjake said:

Pretty sure those Glasgow and Belfast dates went on sale lineup poster drop morning a reason to leave off initial announce. If the love generator tip off is true, I’m putting my quid on him being the missing other headliner 

Very very very good shout and the point of still having stadium dates to sell is a good one.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I know it sounds like I’m trying to will something into existence but I do think there’s some logic to what I’m saying.

Doja appears to be subbing at every festival she’s playing across the world this year. Even the smaller ones like longitude she’s subbing. I don’t know how much power her management will have, but it seems to be like she’s asking for the same kind of slot everywhere she goes. I reckon she’s on the pyramid, as a second stage headline performance would stick out amongst her dates.

Megan seems to play wherever someone will have her and her slots are incredibly fluid. No real pattern at all in her timing or stage. I think an other sub slot (similar to the hip hop bookings they’ve had in the past of Dave, Stormzy and maybe AJ Tracey in 2020 just feels right). Not to say Glastonbury follows a pattern but a hiphop/rap other stage sub is on trend for them. I also personally think Megan would work best at that ‘just before night’ slot. As other subs tend to play a bit more in the dark than pyramid subs. 

Sean Paul and Wu Tang clashed in 2019, I don't see why Doja and little simz can't do it this year

How many people, apart from you, would really notice Doja is playing a slightly different slot at Glastonbury than the rest of her festival dates and, apart from those going to Glastonbury, would care?

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Would make sense up against Macca, too. CH can only do Saturday and/or Sunday as he's got a residency at Ushuaia every Friday from June-September 

He’s been rumoured to headline the other for yonks but maybe this is the perfect time. He’s still big but isn’t as *mainstream* as he used to be. At one time any song he would release would go #1 but I think he’s pulled back a bit from that.

I agree - probably one of the strongest options they can get against Macca.

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Sean Paul and Wu Tang clashed in 2019, I don't see why Doja and little simz can't do it this year

How many people, apart from you, would really notice Doja is playing a slightly different slot at Glastonbury than the rest of her festival dates and, apart from those going to Glastonbury, would care?

Whether people would care has nothing to do with it. What I’m on about is what Doja’s management would want and what Glasto can provide. Some acts do ask for the same kind of slot at each festival they do. 

Just now, Miyn said:

If Glasto can get O-Rod to play when she's not doing other festivals, and all the other slots you use to describe Glasto as the GOAT, why can't they get Doja Cat to play 3rd down?

Because why would they try and push her down a slot? She deserves to sub imo she’s one of the biggest acts in the world.

Weak argument. 

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I think this year is going to be a total slam dunk of a lineup. Tickets will be a nightmare for 2023 because it’s going to look cracking.

No worse than usual … what’s good for some isn’t so good for others that’s how things work …. I do agree with those missing slots though … seems like something is held back …. Prodigy at a big push … but more likely to be FBS … and the Eavi being loyal to that booking as he has been to them over many years 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Because why would they try and push her down a slot? She deserves to sub imo she’s one of the biggest acts in the world.

Weak argument. 

My point is that there's lots of slots this year that you think are impressive gets, that you might not expect in a normal year. So what makes Doja different to other acts that they've managed to get into smaller slots? I'm curious. There's lots of acts that you could say sub / headline everywhere else they play but then play a lower slot at Glasto.

Just now, Matt42 said:

The prodigy being the sat other headliner would warrant its own announcement too, a way of paying homage to Keith. 

I agree with it needing to be its own announcement but I don't remember the festival ever doing it's own announcement for an act after the first poster. Even for Metallica. 

The thing with Prodigy, it would be their first gig back. Would they be ready for that.

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

My point is that there's lots of slots this year that you think are impressive gets, that you might not expect in a normal year. So what makes Doja different to other acts that they've managed to get into smaller slots? I'm curious. There's lots of acts that you could say sub / headline everywhere else they play but then play a lower slot at Glasto.

I explained earlier on. Because Doja is one of the biggest acts in the world and deserves to sub + it matches up with where she is playing elsewhere. 

I also think her before Kendrick makes sense as a top 2, just like Noel before Macca does.

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I agree with it needing to be its own announcement but I don't remember the festival ever doing it's own announcement for an act after the first poster. Even for Metallica. 

The thing with Prodigy, it would be their first gig back. Would they be ready for that.

The Who and Paul Weller?

There is no pattern but if glasto asked the prodigy if they were happy to confirm nearish poster day and they weren’t ready because their tour was currently TBA I can see it being held back for a later announcement.

Also it looked like the exact thing was going to happen with 2020.

@Gnomicidehelp me with some thingy stats but I’m pretty sure we’ve had some acts announced after the main poster before the biggo poster.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Pretty sure this was because it was ridiculously last minute with them even canceling a gig because of it.

Still - I don’t think it’s a reason to say it could never happen. Festivals add acts all the time and with the magnitude of a lineup they’ve managed to provide this year I’ve got faith the festival has something special.

Interpret as you will but Emily’s tweet that more is still to come felt like a wink to some more surprises. Just me, but “and if you can believe it there's even more to come!” is interesting to me as she’s drawing attention to people not on the lineup yet. + with 2020’s first wave clearly missing some big names I really think it’s likely they have a new strategy.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Still - I don’t think it’s a reason to say it could never happen. Festivals add acts all the time and with the wallop of a lineup they’ve managed to provide this year I’ve got faith the festival has something special.

Interpret as you will but Emily’s tweet that more is still to come felt like a nudge that they have a few more things up their sleeves. Just me, but “and if you can believe it there's even more to come!” is interesting to me as she’s drawing attention to people not on the lineup yet. + with 2020’s first wave clearly missing some big names I really think it’s likely they have a new strategy.

I think the tweet bit was just usual PR bumf and that we shouldn’t hold out for anything spectacular (secret sets aside). It probably means the 100’s of acts they’ve yet to announce rather than referring to any heavy hitters. 

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

I could accept at a push that there might still be one major slot up for grabs, but not any more.

If you're looking for an act who might still be trying to push tickets before being announced... George Ezra hasn't sold out Finsbury yet.

Repeating a sub from 2019? I kinda doubt it.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I explained earlier on. Because Doja is one of the biggest acts in the world and deserves to sub + it matches up with where she is playing elsewhere. 

I also think her before Kendrick makes sense as a top 2, just like Noel before Macca does.

Doja Cat is not one of the biggest acts in the world. Her stepping in for Dua makes complete sense imo - you’re just in denial that it could be likely as you’ve made up some story of her management only accepting to play if she gets a prime slot (which Other headliner is, btw).