Act missing from poster

Crazyfool01

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I explained earlier on. Because Doja is one of the biggest acts in the world and deserves to sub + it matches up with where she is playing elsewhere. 

I also think her before Kendrick makes sense as a top 2, just like Noel before Macca does.

I still think there's a decent chance she's not subbing. I think we could be missing a Friday sub though.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Interpret as you will but Emily’s tweet that more is still to come felt like a wink to some more surprises. Just me, but “and if you can believe it there's even more to come!” is interesting to me as she’s drawing attention to people not on the lineup yet. + with 2020’s first wave clearly missing some big names I really think it’s likely they have a new strategy.

They say this every single year though. They're not going to drop the first poster and say "yeah, this is all we have" are they?

It's quite possible that they have one or two surprises lined up, they kept Aerosmith back last year and possibly a sub, but I wouldn't go expecting major surprises as a matter of course. My feeling is that most of the big hitters we already know about.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Just put it out there as a possibility, don't see it myself.

That said it's no less unrealistic than some of the mental gymnastics you seem to be doing this morning.

Mental gymnastics around a few acts that actually made it onto the lineup.

Maybe it’s not so ridiculous and I’ve got something to offer?

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

They say this every single year though. They're not going to drop the first poster and say "yeah, this is all we have" are they?

It's quite possible that they have one or two surprises lined up, they kept Aerosmith back last year and possibly a sub, but I wouldn't go expecting major surprises as a matter of course. My feeling is that most of the big hitters we already know about.

Little track record of holding major surprises held back apart from potentially a sub in 2020 and one of the biggest American rock bands of all time.

Little track record of holding major surprises held back apart from potentially a sub in 2020 and one of the biggest American rock bands of all time.

They wanted to keep a couple of things back for their 50th anniversary, I completely get that. But that is the exception rather than the rule. When have they ever held major slots back from the first poster (discounting 2015 when they hadn't actually booked them)?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

They wanted to keep a couple of things back for their 50th anniversary, I completely get that. But that is the exception rather than the rule. When have they ever held major slots back from the first poster (discounting 2015 when they hadn't actually booked them)?

Tame Impala 2016, and Metallica 2014 was held back (obviously for various reasons) but it does happen.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

You have plenty to offer Matt, but you need to stop presenting opinions and theories as fact.

I will when other people stop. I don’t write them any different to other people but it’s only a problem when I do it.

I will when other people stop. I don’t write them any different to other people but it’s only a problem when I do it.

Mate you do it all the time though, I like you and I love your enthusiasm, but lines like " I have better idea of where the festival is going" don't do you any favours. Just chill a bit and accept that maybe, just maybe, the festival doesn't work to your exact vision...

In terms of the poster, we go through the first and every year we always speculate that there's a sub or an Other headliner missing... most of the time they aren't and were in front of us all the time. If you're waiting for Harry Styles and Florence you're only going to be disappointed when the next lineup is just the likes of the Manics and Editors.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Mate you do it all the time though, I like you and I love your enthusiasm, but lines like " I have better idea of where the festival is going" don't do you any favours. Just chill a bit and accept that maybe, just maybe, the festival doesn't work to your exact vision...

In terms of the poster, we go through the first and every year we always speculate that there's a sub or an Other headliner missing... most of the time they aren't and were in front of us all the time. If you're waiting for Harry Styles and Florence you're only going to be disappointed when the next lineup is just the likes of the Manics and Editors.

I know that you've picked some random examples (that Matt won't care about because they're male rock bands), but I was genuinely disappointed that Editors weren't on there. Looks like the JP headliner spots (where they were due to play) are taken (right?) which probably reduces the likelihood that they're back by a fair bit. 

As for the rest, don't waste your time. I tried to explain to Matt what he's doing, how it's different to others and why people don't like it and he acknowledged but carried on being as bad as ever on a daily basis. Gotta give him credit in a way for "I have a better grasp of where the festival is heading" though, that was genuinely hilarious. 

7 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I know that you've picked some random examples (that Matt won't care about because they're male rock bands), but I was genuinely disappointed that Editors weren't on there. Looks like the JP headliner spots (where they were due to play) are taken (right?) which probably reduces the likelihood that they're back by a fair bit. 

As for the rest, don't waste your time. I tried to explain to Matt what he's doing, how it's different to others and why people don't like it and he acknowledged but carried on being as bad as ever on a daily basis. Gotta give him credit in a way for "I have a better grasp of where the festival is heading" though, that was genuinely hilarious. 

I really don't like giving Matt a hard time, he's got plenty of energy and enthusiasm and this place is better with him in it.

He just needs to tone it down sometimes.

5 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

To be fair we don't really have any solid info for JP headliners, Primal Scream and Charli XCX makes sense as returning headliners but there could still be space for another one, though I reckon Idles or Four Tet will take the last spot. I think some of the acts from the 2020 poster who have dropped out like Editors will be back in the next few years anyway. Given it's a relatively small payday, they might prefer to wait and play when they have a new album to promote in 2023 or 2024.

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The Who and Paul Weller?

There is no pattern but if glasto asked the prodigy if they were happy to confirm nearish poster day and they weren’t ready because their tour was currently TBA I can see it being held back for a later announcement.

Also it looked like the exact thing was going to happen with 2020.

@Gnomicidehelp me with some thingy stats but I’m pretty sure we’ve had some acts announced after the main poster before the biggo poster.

Not counting replacements for cancelled acts

2010 after the main poster - Shakira and Dead Weather
2011 after the main poster - Rastamouse
2013 - no-one
2014 after the full line-up - Despacio
2015 between 1st poster and full line-up - The Who and Paul Weller
2016 after the full line-up Travis
2017 the day after the 1st Poster - Blossoms and Julia Jacklin. After the full line-up - Liam Gallagher, Johnny Depp and Mike Massimo
2019 - no-one 

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

To be fair we don't really have any solid info for JP headliners, Primal Scream and Charli XCX makes sense as returning headliners but there could still be space for another one, though I reckon Idles or Four Tet will take the last spot. I think some of the acts from the 2020 poster who have dropped out like Editors will be back in the next few years anyway. Given it's a relatively small payday, they might prefer to wait and play when they have a new album to promote in 2023 or 2024.

I’m going to say Primal Scream, Burna Boy, Charli XCX.

Putting my Burna Boy pan down as predicting another other headliner to come is more exciting.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2013 - no-one
2017 the day after the 1st Poster - Blossoms and Julia Jacklin. After the full line-up - Liam Gallagher, Johnny Depp and Mike Massimo
2019 - no-one 

Rastamouse was 100% deserving of his own announcement. 

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

2013 - no-one
2019 - no-one 

On this basis the outlook is definitely taps oan.

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don't even remember what a Rastamouse is or know what a Burna Boy is, and nor do I particularly care to find out.

what does rastamouse even remotely have to do with burna boy