gold member, changed conditions

eFestivals

Every year when it auto renews I think 'what the fck have I spent money on now when I was pished' Then I realise its efestivals and it makes me smile. I've spent many hours of joy on this site over the years. Long may it continue.  No idea when the renewal is but will check in case theres an issue with auto renew. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Armourman said:

Every year when it auto renews I think 'what the fck have I spent money on now when I was pished' Then I realise its efestivals and it makes me smile. I've spent many hours of joy on this site over the years. Long may it continue.  No idea when the renewal is but will check in case theres an issue with auto renew. 

Its the 9th May. I'll come back here when I've forgotten again - hopefully Glastoed up !!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I visit here (too) infrequently these days.

But always happy to pay my dues so that this stays here, available and alive.

( From the movie Gold Member, you remember that? eh~? )

"Work It Out" is the debut single by American singer Beyoncé. It was released on June 11, 2002, by Columbia Records as the lead single from the soundtrack album to the film Austin Powers in Goldmember

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, bamber said:

I visit here (too) infrequently these days.

Hello bamber,

I currently have a feeling that I should refrain more from being on this site. I never can achieve it though. I did stay away for a bit once, but came back. I had had high hopes of writing more elsewhere, and in a more structured manner eg writing a novel, or some such. I do write quite a bit away from here, but I have never gotten around to structuring the content. If anybody read my writing stuff that's on my computer, as well as other prose in handwritten form, then they would think that I was like some rabid lunatic! Imagine them getting such an idea - my word

45 minutes ago, bamber said:

But always happy to pay my dues so that this stays here, available and alive.

Amen to that.

46 minutes ago, bamber said:

( From the movie Gold Member, you remember that? eh~? )

Bravo bamber - that is inspired.

48 minutes ago, bamber said:

"Work It Out" is the debut single by American singer Beyoncé. It was released on June 11, 2002, by Columbia Records as the lead single from the soundtrack album to the film Austin Powers in Goldmember

I have made a copy and note to play that later, as I can't do so right now - lest my wife garrotte me for waking her up!

Hope that you are happy and well. 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

I currently have a feeling that I should refrain more from being on this site. I never can achieve it though. I did stay away for a bit once, but came back. I had had high hopes of writing more elsewhere, and in a more structured manner eg writing a novel, or some such. I do write quite a bit away from here, but I have never gotten around to structuring the content. If anybody read my writing stuff that's on my computer, as well as other prose in handwritten form, then they would think that I was like some rabid lunatic! Imagine them getting such an idea - my word

The trick with writing stories is to not write chronologically. Imagine all the scenes and describe them individually unencumbered by the sword of time, then arrange them in chronological order afterwards (or not)  .

I have been thinking about time a great deal recently.

4 hours ago, bamber said:

The trick with writing stories is to not write chronologically. Imagine all the scenes and describe them individually unencumbered by the sword of time, then arrange them in chronological order afterwards (or not)  .

That's one of my stumbling blocks. I have already got oceans of already written stuff'. I can't quite imagine the full content of my 'Writing Stuff' computer folder, but know for sure that the manually written material fills roughly 2 large plastic boxes like this;

Really Useful Box Plastic Storage 35 Litre 480 x 390 x 310 mm

Oddly enough, I do have a notion that my first foray will be loosely connected with sci-fi, but very much connected with time. There's spooky for you.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:23 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's one of my stumbling blocks. I have already got oceans of already written stuff'. I can't quite imagine the full content of my 'Writing Stuff' computer folder, but know for sure that the manually written material fills roughly 2 large plastic boxes like this;

Really Useful Box Plastic Storage 35 Litre 480 x 390 x 310 mm

Oddly enough, I do have a notion that my first foray will be loosely connected with sci-fi, but very much connected with time. There's spooky for you.

Time itself is spooky, very strange indeed. There is a lag between the perception of an event and the detectable brain activity in response to an event. If asked to press a button at random, the brain activity is detectable before you are consciously aware of the press. Think about that. What is a moment in such cases?

Time and music are linked inexorably.

None of the other primates can be taught to keep a rhythm.

The way humans perceive time (and music) does seem unique.