Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Someone has said to me that Megan is playing 4th down pyramid on the Saturday. Cannot verify whether it’s a reliable source.

Reaching out to other people to see whether it can be confirmed.

I can't see both of them being on the Pyramid I especially (if the info is right with Paolo being on Saturday) having Paolo against McCartney. 

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

There goes my hope that Paolo Nutini is going to play in the Aerosmith slot.

I wonder if Paolo is going to be a secret set somewhere during the day. I just can't see him headlining the Other up against McCartney but who knows.

I think it was @FloorFillerwho suggested Paolo Nutini could be a special guest type on the Other stage similar to Liam Gallagher a few years ago, I think something like that is more likely than him headlining it. I suppose he could just sub it but again, you‘re still left with the same question of who can headline it.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think it was @FloorFillerwho suggested Paolo Nutini could be a special guest type on the Other stage similar to Liam Gallagher a few years ago, I think something like that is more likely than him headlining it. I suppose he could just sub it but again, you‘re still left with the same question of who can headline it.

Lorde?

27 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Didnt you have info that Doja was Pyramid as well? Can't believe its Paolo as I assume they will want a female headliner there somewhere

Yeah, from someone else and sent to me via a DM here. This is from two different people.

Paolo was never linked to that 4th down slot, people just assumed he was playing there. Paolo could be a secret park / JP guest like Foals / Jamie T etc in the past. We’ve never received concrete info of where he is.

4 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Lorde?

The only thing that makes me doubt this is Lorde would get an absolutely shocking crowd against McCartney. Like major major flop crowd. I feel like it’s a stupid decision.

Just now, Matt42 said:

The only thing that makes me doubt this is Lorde would get an absolutely shocking crowd against McCartney. Like major major flop crowd. I feel like it’s a stupid decision.

Yeah she really isn’t that big of a pull these days. Think a lot of people would rather just go give McCartney a chance than be mega hyped over going to see Lorde. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Scenes when Dua is announced as the missing Other headliner.

(And when I say scenes, I mean Matt being absolutely unbearable on here for a week or so 😋)

If Glastonbury have somehow managed to get Doja, Megan, Lorde and Dua. Then they deserve all the props. 

12 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Lorde?

Maybe but then you’re left with the same issue for Sunday Pyramid, even if @dentalplan’s Elbow campaign turns out correct there’s not an obvious third down either. If we hadn’t had info about Sam Fender I’d have Lorde as the Other headliner and him as the last Pyramid sub. 

Can’t wait to spend ages discussing all these gaps only for them to be filled by The Specials, Editors, Manic Street Preachers and AJ Tracey when the full lineup comes out.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Maybe but then you’re left with the same issue for Sunday Pyramid, even if @dentalplan’s Elbow campaign turns out correct there’s not an obvious third down either. If we hadn’t had info about Sam Fender I’d have Lorde as the Other headliner and him as the last Pyramid sub. 

Can’t wait to spend ages discussing all these gaps only for them to be filled by The Specials, Editors, Manic Street Preachers and AJ Tracey when the full lineup comes out.

Talking of full line up coming out, when do we normally get day/stage splits? First Glastonbury for me this year so apologies in advance if this info is widely known.

19 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

If Glastonbury have somehow managed to get Doja, Megan, Lorde and Dua. Then they deserve all the props. 

2022 becoming the - “Hey, remember that one year where Glastonbury booked literally fucking everyone?”

2 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Talking of full line up coming out, when do we normally get day/stage splits? First Glastonbury for me this year so apologies in advance if this info is widely known.

I think Emily said it was coming in June. It’s usually end of May/early June but we get posters for small areas in the lead up to it during April and May.

18 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Wolf Alice and Doja Cat as subs, surely? You’d just be swapping Lorde and Doja round from previous predictions.

Might he struggling for a 3rd down on Friday then but that’s an easily filled slot tbh.

10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Emily said it was coming in June. It’s usually end of May/early June but we get posters for small areas in the lead up to it during April and May.

Cheers folks. Was hoping to have a bit more time to get into acts I'm not too familiar with. Looks like it’ll be a busy couple of weeks before the festival doing just this. Really don’t want to invest in someone I’m not familiar with only for them to be clashing with one of my “must see” acts over the weekend.

7 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Wolf Alice and Doja Cat as subs, surely? You’d just be swapping Lorde and Doja round from previous predictions.

Might he struggling for a 3rd down on Friday then but that’s an easily filled slot tbh.

I think Doja is the Friday sub tho 

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Why?

Because people have swayed me that a top 2 of Kendrick and Doja on locals Sunday doesn’t feel right.

I also don’t think Wolf Alice are subbing. Especially with how low they are playing at electric picnic. 

9 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Ah yeah that’s true, I was thinking the info was that Doja Cat was Friday Pyramid but I just assumed that because we know Elbow aren’t Friday. That does make more sense.

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Billie/Doja/Wolf Alice
Macca/Noel/Haim
Kendrick/Lorde/Elbow

Foals
??
PSB.

I can see that. 

I think that is the consensus but many of us were expecting Megan to be the other headliner.

Is there a chance they just don’t have a female headliner for it? Perhaps with Dua dabbing down they’ve not had the luxury to find a perfect like for like and booked whoever they can.

Edited by Matt42