2023 legend slot

ProperTea

45 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I wasn't there for Kylie, altho I read the Guardian's 5 star review. Was she that bad or was it the horrible choreography with the security etc that made you leave?

I hate her songs and cant stand her , so it was my own fault for getting caught up with the Legend hype, she was a great booking though for everyone else. People around us were having an absolutely brilliant time so we left as we didnt wanna bring the mood down for anyone near us haha ,went and sat in the shade under a bid tree by williams green or maybe the cider bus and chilled out- it was also very very hot that day

4 hours ago, gazzared said:

I hate her songs and cant stand her , so it was my own fault for getting caught up with the Legend hype, she was a great booking though for everyone else. People around us were having an absolutely brilliant time so we left as we didnt wanna bring the mood down for anyone near us haha ,went and sat in the shade under a bid tree by williams green or maybe the cider bus and chilled out- it was also very very hot that day

That's good on you for removing yourself from other's good times. I remember watching Anna Calvi back in 2012 and being bored out of my mind, leaving and my spot being instantly gobbled up by somebody who actually liked what they were seeing. It's the best decision to make.

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Ah, I have to check as my memory is a little foggy about festivals gone by 😉

I always forget who was actually the Legend before circa 2014/15, when it wasn't really so widely known as the Legend Slot. Feels like quite a new phenonmenen that they've solidifed under that title. Or perhaps I wasn't so switched on before that time.

32 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I always forget who was actually the Legend before circa 2014/15, when it wasn't really so widely known as the Legend Slot. Feels like quite a new phenonmenen that they've solidifed under that title. Or perhaps I wasn't so switched on before that time.

Agree, I don't recall it being commonly referred to, even though you can look back and spot some patterns earlier. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

It was only first officially called the Legend Slot when Diana Ross was first announced in 2019. Up until the it was The Sunday Teatime Slot.

Wow, I'm surprised it's never officially been called the Legend slot. Thought it had been for at least Dolly and after that since. A quick Google makes it look like all reports are in quotations, or unofficial as you say. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Wow, I'm surprised it's never officially been called the Legend slot. Thought it had been for at least Dolly and after that since. A quick Google makes it look like all reports are in quotations, or unofficial as you say. 

Dolly was the first time it properly became the “legend” slot. They had some pretty big names before that - Paul Simon, Kenny Rogers, Ray Davies, etc. but Dolly was the first time they got a proper megastar in and was the first step into the big camp pop party it’s become these days.

On 5/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Shania Twain could easily play El Pointo and no doubt storm it, but she's more at the Sheryl Crow / Shakira / Katy Perry sort of level than the Dolly / Kylie one.

Announcing a world tour this week I hear

And before anyone gets smart....

Edited by The Nal