2023 legend slot

ProperTea

27 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Rock DJ is arguably the worst record in the history of music - and only arguably if you think 'Hey baby' by DJ Otzi is worse!

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Could be interesting if Shania Twain drops some European dates around June/July next year

She could play but it won’t be in the legends slot. Somebody mentioned it earlier/elsewhere that she’s probably more in the same bracket as Sheryl Crowe in ‘19 than a legend act -  she’s basically got one (granted, absolute banger) album that everybody knows and loves from 26 years ago and not much else. Would be all over it if she did play though. 

2 hours ago, AdamTGlasto said:

I'm on the Frankie Valli bandwagon, assuming he's still around by then.

Genuinely, when Macca said "my friend from the east coast" this year before bringing out Bruce my first thought was "Is Frankie Valli still alive?" 🤣

And I am a massive Springsteen fan. I just don't think my brain could compute that he was even a possible option. After my moment of madness I did wonder if Frankie was still kicking about though, so I'm glad to learn that he is!

20 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Genuinely, when Macca said "my friend from the east coast" this year before bringing out Bruce my first thought was "Is Frankie Valli still alive?" 🤣

And I am a massive Springsteen fan. I just don't think my brain could compute that he was even a possible option. After my moment of madness I did wonder if Frankie was still kicking about though, so I'm glad to learn that he is!

He was in the UK over Glastonbury weekend this year, rumour has it a lot of miming is involved.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:41 PM, Matt42 said:

Well if a not fully reformed spice girls are keen to do it, I can see the festival declining it if it’s not the full house. Thats my view. Nothing personal against the band or an indication of what Eavis finds credible. Booking them without Posh would mean if Posh ever rejoined they’d miss out or have to book them again (which is unprecedented). Which is why I can see them waiting.

If Posh doesn’t do it this time she never will. And let’s face it, why would she want to? She’s not short of money or attention. All that would come of it is ridicule and column inches about how shit she is at singing.

On 9/20/2022 at 2:31 PM, Gnomicide said:

There's a band called The Federation that played Jazz World in 1995 according to this https://www.vam.ac.uk/performing-glastonbury/1995/friday/

Long way off the first one.

i asked them, thats not it, it was the first glastonbury - pilton pop - they played.

11 hours ago, Superscally said:

We think that they're playing, but not necessarily as the legend, is how I'd read it..?

if they're playing they'll be the legend, as that's the info i had.

39 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Fair play. Thought there was chat that they could be part of a double like with Right Bazza and Nile/Chic

I don't see why they would be they're the perfect sort of act for that slot. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I don't see why they would be they're the perfect sort of act for that slot. 

I'd enjoy it, but feels like a deviation from recent form. Same deviation as ELO, obviously. Also...whether the young crowd listen to Lionel, Tom or Dolly, they certainly know them. I feel that's not the case with RM.