2023 legend slot

ProperTea

2 hours ago, TJGthree said:

I’m sure it’s been discussed, but I’ve only just seen that Celine Dion is touring Europe this summer with no gigs around Glastonbury yet. If she’s at Glasto I think the legend slot would be most appropriate? 

Was talked up around the time those dates got announced but I’m not sure the tour quite lines up

8 hours ago, TJGthree said:

I’m sure it’s been discussed, but I’ve only just seen that Celine Dion is touring Europe this summer with no gigs around Glastonbury yet. If she’s at Glasto I think the legend slot would be most appropriate? 

Well that would at least make that particular decision easy.  For me anyway. 😂

8 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I could probably find the answer to this question if I read back over 77 pages, but I’m too lazy…

What is the reason the heavily rumoured Elton appearance wouldn’t be the legend slot??? Bloke is 75 and has been active 60 years…

c 10 years back when he wasn't doing much other than touring provincial footie grounds he was frequently talked up as a Legend contender. Albeit in a 'the biggest one they could get' sort of way.

Now that he's in another purple patch - in the charts, successful biopic, farwell tour, playing Hyde Park etc - the feeling is he's a headliner or nothing.

• Upvote 1