2023 legend slot

ProperTea

19 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Even setting aside their lack of suitability for Glasto, sounds like Pantera won’t be playing many festivals…

https://www.stereogum.com/2211531/two-german-festivals-drop-pantera-from-lineups-after-other-artists-express-concerns/news/

Cant blame em really. I used to love Pantera as a lad, but Phil is such a monumental fucking idiot i cant help but go off them. I'm interested in the reunion from a musical point of view (Zakk Wylde replacing Dimebag is a stroke of genius) but i wont be paying for a ticket, im not giving money to Phil under any circumstances. I think them being dropped off festival bills is an appropriate course of action. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Billy Ocean for the legends slot. Not a household name with the youths but his set would be stacked with bangers**.

(**Having said that, I just looked at his setlists and it appears that he does NOT play Red Light Spells Danger at every show, and that is a travesty.)

Really? If you’ve got that in your arsenal you use it at every opportunity, surely? One of the best songs ever.

Dionne Warwick would be perfect for it. Might not have the same appeal as Kylie/DiRo etc but such a great catalogue of songs that almost everyone would know. Could be wonderful.

54 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Billy Ocean for the legends slot. Not a household name with the youths but his set would be stacked with bangers**.

(**Having said that, I just looked at his setlists and it appears that he does NOT play Red Light Spells Danger at every show, and that is a travesty.)

Billy Ocean tracks are always on my Tik Tok feed with people dancing in supermarkets etc so he could be more popular than we think. I reckon he has six 'bangers' so with a couple of fillers he could do it.

It does seem odd Erasure haven’t played, they have a huge back catalogue of hits, they’ve always been excellent fun live and they’re still putting out new music.. some of the new tunes are really good. A greatest hits set would go down a storm surely. 

7 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

Ringo can do it, be a laugh!

I like this angle. If there literally wasn't a suitable act to fill the spot this year and Glasto were scraping the bottom of the barrel for someone, who would you pick? 

Immediate edit : just realised this is pretty much what the thread has been doing for the last few months. 

Edited by Freddyflintstonree