2023 legend slot

ProperTea

32 minutes ago, Neil said:

rod only wins if he does 'in a broken dream' ? 😛

only if done in full Python Lee Jackson styleeee. 😄

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

That song is absolutely immense 

Absolute tune of the highest order. I got it on this bad boy from McVities biscuits...Screenshot_20230209_110607_Chrome.jpg.4034f661fee1ea38ef5d3bba15e33653.jpg

I was somewhat sceptical that a man of his vintage had the energy levels for the descriptions being suggested, not least that he was a bit of a figure of mockery when I was a teen and that was forty years ago. 

Haven't done a search, is he one of those oldies that follows the James Brown route and surrounds himself with more vivacious performers? 

If Rod did a tight set and rattled through a bunch of hits it would be ok, but he just cant. Dragged out, slowed down, bending time to seemingly double his allotted slot and no hiding an understandably aging voice. Didn't he spend forever kicking footballs about when he headlined before? Caberet.

15 minutes ago, km9 said:

I always find myself wondering what the hell they're going on about with this taps aff bollocks 

Legend has it, the term was coined by a Scotsman who wandered past the Other Stage in 2014 and saw @Gnomicide at the barrier for Skrillex, semi-naked, waving his shirt in the air when Sonny dropped "Make It Bun Dem", mid-set.

Disclaimer: may not actually be true

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I was somewhat sceptical that a man of his vintage had the energy levels for the descriptions being suggested, not least that he was a bit of a figure of mockery when I was a teen and that was forty years ago. 

Haven't done a search, is he one of those oldies that follows the James Brown route and surrounds himself with more vivacious performers? 

from what I've seen, he's more drunk nan at a wedding vibes

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Legend has it, the term was coined by a Scotsman who wandered past the Other Stage in 2014 and saw @Gnomicide at the barrier for Skrillex, semi-naked, waving his shirt in the air when Sonny dropped "Make It Bun Dem", mid-set.

Disclaimer: may not actually be true

I preffered his Arcadia set.

39 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Has anyone mentioned Bryan Adams? gat a week long gap in his tour schedule in America as well...

most recent set list from his vegas residency trim this down could be a winner

Bryan Adams Concert Setlist at Encore Theater, Las Vegas on February 5, 2023 | setlist.fm

A few have mentioned, including me, as he has so many hits and is brilliant live with a great rapport, but he was dismissed by the cool kids in the playground. Duran Duran are cool though apparently. Keep up 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

It’s not about coming with the poster or not.  It’s by now we normally had a big idea who it is.  This time we don’t. 

Yeah, I can't help but feel there's a reason for the total silence, normally we have some solid rumours by now at least?! Maybe it's a huge booking and it's top top secret OR they really are struggling

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

A few have mentioned, including me, as he has so many hits and is brilliant live with a great rapport, but he was dismissed by the cool kids in the playground. Duran Duran are cool though apparently. Keep up 😉

i must admit i've mentioned duran squared too, however if its a choice between these 2 our chart record holding cannuck wins every time