2023 legend slot

ProperTea

On 1/24/2023 at 1:11 PM, ClementsMike said:

Van Morrison? I know hes toxic and has played many times in the past. But he is clearly not off limits, and its been a while. 

Was about to post this after a pleasant journey listening to bits of Veedon Fleece, Moondance and Avalon Sunset. Think last time I actually saw VM was mid afternoon Pyramid 1989. Maybe not Legend nowadays as the festival has gone for big hits acts recently, but Acoustic or Avalon. Would love to see him one more time.

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Love it, time to ditch Basil brush, the Chris Martin of the kidz field,  and get sooty sweep and Sue as the  headliners. 

matthew corbet used to live near to where i was brought up, a guy i know was nicked for breaking into his house and nicking sooty.

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Surely. I was a big fan but no way would they be anywhere near the main stages. 

It's more likely that steps would do it (which I don't think is likely) as they've been the more successful recently.

I think I heard right that The Sugababes crowd was massive and potentially dangerous and would think Sclub 7 would be similar....maybe they should be on the park ?

Edited by gazzared
spelling

10 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I think I heard right that The Sugababes crowd was massive and potentially dangerous and would think Sclub 7 would be similar....maybe they should be on the park ?

Interesting to see how this plays out … hopefully better/more experienced stewards will help … also depends on what it’s up against I guess … 

12 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Yes, especially as the overcrowding at certain bands such as wet leg was noted in the council report 

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Interesting to see how this plays out … hopefully better/more experienced stewards will help … also depends on what it’s up against I guess … 

Sugababes were up against all the headliners on the Friday at 21.35 and still managed to cause chaos haha

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

I know they were popular back then, but surely they would less of a draw than Sugababes or even McFly?! 

I reckon its purely for nostalgia reasons why these type of bands/acts draw in big crowds