2023 legend slot

ProperTea

11 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Do we think Duran Duran could show up elsewhere than the legend slot?  

From the sounds of things they only want to play if they get a big slot, so presumably headliner, or possibly Sunday legend, so if they’re not doing either of those slots this year then it’s probably safe to assume they’re not playing. 

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

From the sounds of things they only want to play if they get a big slot, so presumably headliner, or possibly Sunday legend, so if they’re not doing either of those slots this year then it’s probably safe to assume they’re not playing. 

A shame.  I could see them headlining West Holts, maybe opposite GNR.  Split the 80s crowd 

28 minutes ago, august1 said:

Not legends slot but has Seal ever done Glasto? Big American tour ending start of June, rereleasing his debut album. Sunday Afternoon TV slot? 

Seal hasn't done it, but I wonder if people here know what links him to duran duran? Seal came to fame with Adam tinley, 'adamski', and Adam's brother known as tinley pruduced and  was a sometime member of duran duran. 

11 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Are we saying The Verve were ever or never? I'm confused, sorry!

As CalGon interpreted it.

My communication skills leave a bit to be desired at times.  I think they used to be better - but (in all seriousness) I can't actually remember!  I tend to blame some tablets I take every day, but it's conceivable that my misspent youth/adulthood may have played a part 🙄 

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

As CalGon interpreted it.

My communication skills leave a bit to be desired at times.  I think they used to be better - but (in all seriousness) I can't actually remember!  I tend to blame some tablets I take every day, but it's conceivable that my misspent youth/adulthood may have played a part 🙄 

Ah, thank you - my apologies!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Just to change the direction of the thread a little...who could be a realistic alternative to be programmed against Rod?

Last year we had Fontaines on Other, Nubya Garcia/Snarky Pup on West Holts, Clairo/Amyl and the Sniffers on JP and Caroline Polachek on the Park. 

That line up alone would suggest there’s not much thought into who goes against the legend slot. 

None of those would be deemed a big enough draw when up against DiRo.