2023 legend slot

ProperTea

45 minutes ago, nikkic said:

That line up alone would suggest there’s not much thought into who goes against the legend slot. 

None of those would be deemed a big enough draw when up against DiRo. 

I dunno, I could find a couple there I'd be very happy to see (indeed did do Diana and some Amyl), so am sure if Rod is in the frame there will be plenty for the rest of us. 

56 minutes ago, nikkic said:

That line up alone would suggest there’s not much thought into who goes against the legend slot. 

None of those would be deemed a big enough draw when up against DiRo. 

Maybe they’re not looking for artists that will draw the audience away from the legends slot. All those crowd shots make great tv and elevate the slot in the eyes of the artist, crowd and tv audience. 

20 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I dunno, I could find a couple there I'd be very happy to see (indeed did do Diana and some Amyl), so am sure if Rod is in the frame there will be plenty for the rest of us. 

What I meant, was that they surely didn’t think…..

”How do we split the crowd against Diana?”

”How about AATS and Snarky Pup?”

They weren’t big names to even out the crowds. 

2 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Just to change the direction of the thread a little...who could be a realistic alternative to be programmed against Rod?

Last year we had Fontaines on Other, Nubya Garcia/Snarky Pup on West Holts, Clairo/Amyl and the Sniffers on JP and Caroline Polachek on the Park. 

Can add on Mcfly on avalon at the same time I believe.

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

What I meant, was that they surely didn’t think…..

”How do we split the crowd against Diana?”

”How about AATS and Snarky Pup?”

They weren’t big names to even out the crowds. 

Do you think they express those first 6 words at all? 

I suspect in terms of getting available acts and finding an appropriate stage they may have enough on their plate. 

i've not really kept up much with this thread but dip in from time to time so apologies if this has already been discussed and covered

but have we completely ruled out Bryan Adams? he's on tour in the US either side of glasto but there's a gap during the festival, seems quite convenient , i know there was some sort of controversy(?) recently but never read up on it but would it be enough for him to be snuffed out?

16 hours ago, Neil said:

Seal hasn't done it, but I wonder if people here know what links him to duran duran? Seal came to fame with Adam tinley, 'adamski', and Adam's brother known as tinley pruduced and  was a sometime member of duran duran. 

Good factoid. Like that.

7 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Absolutely no way that GB as a solo artist could be considered for the legend slot.  Name one of his solo songs?

Love Won't WaitLet Me GoSingForever LoveShameOpen Road.

But I had to Wikipedia those with the exception of Sing, which is probably all the indictment needed for their cultural longevity.