2023 legend slot

ProperTea

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Always wondered how they approach Legends with that slot. Advise em that it's the fourth headline: 

"Let us be one of the night time ones then."

"Errrr. No."

"Why?"

"Ah maaaate. This conversation is AWKWARD."

I’m sure the fact the legend slot often draws a bigger crowd than the headliner that night is a bit of a swaying factor, plus they must know their place in the music world by that point. It’s not like it’s ever stadium acts doing it - they’re arena acts at best at that time in their career, hence why Elton gets the headliner nod despite musically being in the same bracket as a lot of the Sunday legends. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Always wondered how they approach Legends with that slot. Advise em that it's the fourth headline: 

"Let us be one of the night time ones then."

"Errrr. No."

"Why?"

"Ah maaaate. This conversation is AWKWARD."

Do the legend slot and then we'll wine and dine you all night and you can watch Elton from the VIP balcony would swing it for me 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

WE know that...but band like Duran Duran would have to be persuaded I'd say...

Probably helps that a lot of them have been American. You can just say you know us Brits are a bit weird 4pm in the afternoon is when we are the most party-ish as we've been powered up by our afternoon tea. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, churlie100 said:

Can't believe I've wanted to go to Glastonbury for about 15 years, then I can finally afford to go and it's the year that I'm actively embarrassed to tell people who's headlining.

Don’t go. Put the ticket back.  You’ll sound cool in front of your friends then 

Edited by sisco
  • Upvote 1

It's only in efestival world where the top line gets discussed so much on the build up that when one like that comes along I'm happier with the fact I don't have a ticket.

Then I remember that the undercard is still gonna be the best in the country and I'm gonna be tearing my hair out come resale day.