2023 legend slot

ProperTea

6 hours ago, ticketboy69 said:

Am I wrong in thinking that Cat would be a better headliner for the acoustic tent rather than the legend slot?

i'd say you're wrong, acoustic is too small for the numbers who'll want to see him. 

Certain they've been suggested in here somewhere before, but kind of in the weird spot where they would likely be booked to play low on the Other stage and / or mid-afternoon on the Pyramid on a Saturday, without the Legend tag, but...

...Simple Minds would be great.

Waterfront
Love Song
Glittering Prize
Promised You a Miracle
Act of Love
See the Lights
She's a River
Dolphins
Someone Somewhere in Summertime
10 All the Things She Said
11 Let It All Come Down
12 Don't You (Forget About Me)
13 Alive and Kicking
14 Sanctify Yourself

That's about an hour-and-a-quarter. Chop a few off, drop 'em elsewhere and that's a cracker of an hour-long throwback.

(Belfast Child is a mood killer, I'm afraid.)

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Certain they've been suggested in here somewhere before, but kind of in the weird spot where they would likely be booked to play low on the Other stage and / or mid-afternoon on the Pyramid on a Saturday, without the Legend tag, but...

...Simple Minds would be great.

Waterfront
Love Song
Glittering Prize
Promised You a Miracle
Act of Love
See the Lights
She's a River
Dolphins
Someone Somewhere in Summertime
10 All the Things She Said
11 Let It All Come Down
12 Don't You (Forget About Me)
13 Alive and Kicking
14 Sanctify Yourself

That's about an hour-and-a-quarter. Chop a few off, drop 'em elsewhere and that's a cracker of an hour-long throwback.

(Belfast Child is a mood killer, I'm afraid.)

Simple minds look like they're miming. Have done when I've seen them. 

This is a long shot, I know. But Kate Bush just announced a re-release of Hounds of Love, her entire website has been revamped, and there’s a new mailing list.

If she returns to live music, could the legends slot at Glastonbury be possible? 🤔 

https://www.katebush.com/fish-people-are-moving

Edited by Punisher

31 minutes ago, Punisher said:

This is a long shot, I know. But Kate Bush just announced a re-release of Hounds of Love, her entire website has been revamped, and there’s a new mailing list.

If she returns to live music, could the legends slot at Glastonbury be possible? 🤔 

If (and it's a huge if) she did it, she'd surely headline?

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

If (and it's a huge if) she did it, she'd surely headline?

Yeah, she would. Don't think it'd be viable to put her on a smaller stage, and I don't think daylight would be her friend.

But really - while I understand why people keep floating the idea of her playing, it's an astonishingly bad idea. She'd draw a properly huge crowd to start with, but then 15-30 minutes in when people realised what they're getting it'd be one of the most dramatic field clearances we've ever seen. Even Radiohead would pale in comparison.

That's not even to say she'd be bad - but just totally unsuited to a stage/crowd of that size.

Fully concur. She's got some killer songs, but her clearly theatrical selection for Before the Dawn tells you all you need to know about what you'd get.

You could probably crank a killer eighteen-song run out, something akin to:

Lily
Hounds of Love
Top of the City
Babooshka
Wild Man
Rocket Man
The Sensual World
The Man with the Child in His Eyes
Experiment IV
10 Don't Give Up
11 This Women's Work
12 Rubberband Girl
13 The Dreaming
14 Breathing
15 Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)
16 King of the Mountain

17 Wuthering Heights
18 Cloudbusting

But she'd be just as likely to play 50 Words for Snow in full and finish it off by playing the Placebo version of Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God).

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Fully concur. She's got some killer songs, but her clearly theatrical selection for Before the Dawn tells you all you need to know about what you'd get.

You could probably crank a killer eighteen-song run out, something akin to:

Lily
Hounds of Love
Top of the City
Babooshka
Wild Man
Rocket Man
The Sensual World
The Man with the Child in His Eyes
Experiment IV
10 Don't Give Up
11 This Women's Work
12 Rubberband Girl
13 The Dreaming
14 Breathing
15 Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)
16 King of the Mountain

17 Wuthering Heights
18 Cloudbusting

But she'd be just as likely to play 50 Words for Snow in full and finish it off by playing the Placebo version of Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God).

If this happened I would assume we live in some kind of multiverse and that I had accidentally wandered into another dimension. 

18 hours ago, Punisher said:

No chance whatsoever. The notes in the Before The Dawn programme show how painstakingly she planned those shows. She considered lots of venues, including arenas, before deciding the Apollo was perfect for what she had planned. And the production was more like a west end show than a regular gig. In the unlikely event of her performing again, I can’t see her playing before a festival audience, belting out Wuthering Heights and other early stuff that she’d probably struggle to sing these days 

10 hours ago, gigpusher said:

If this happened I would assume we live in some kind of multiverse and that I had accidentally wandered into another dimension. 

Exactly.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

No chance whatsoever. The notes in the Before The Dawn programme show how painstakingly she planned those shows. She considered lots of venues, including arenas, before deciding the Apollo was perfect for what she had planned. And the production was more like a west end show than a regular gig. In the unlikely event of her performing again, I can’t see her playing before a festival audience, belting out Wuthering Heights and other early stuff that she’d probably struggle to sing these days 

Was a bloody good show, in fairness.

47 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Exactly.

Was a bloody good show, in fairness.

I know of someone who tried to book kate, and just had the agent laugh at them. There's no possibility of a conversation about it. 

7 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Superb show, voice as good as ever. Zero chance of her playing any festival I’d say

I think not zero chance.

I wonder if a "current" headlining artist she likes asked her to join as a guest e.g. if billie eilish or someone had asked would she come on to do running up the hill if she would ever go for it.

Probably not but would be even bigger than Bruce joining in for Macca if it did ever happen. Think she lives down the road in Devon so not too far to travel if she's ever in the mood!

3 minutes ago, maarrkk said:

I think not zero chance.

I wonder if a "current" headlining artist she likes asked her to join as a guest e.g. if billie eilish or someone had asked would she come on to do running up the hill if she would ever go for it.

Probably not but would be even bigger than Bruce joining in for Macca if it did ever happen. Think she lives down the road in Devon so not too far to travel if she's ever in the mood!

The one way she would do it? If Bertie asked her to…