2023 legend slot

ProperTea

I'm not a big fan - as in I don't know huge amounts of his stuff, but I like everything pretty much that I've heard. Does he fit the oft-discussed "vibe" for the slot? Could he feature elsewhere on the Pyramid? Headline Acoustic? Late night DJ spot at the Glade?

I guess would fit most similar to Kenny, but no Gambler to get the whole crowd going. Will be lovely like, but I see more of a Leonard Cohen slot...OR...could he sub, or sub but one to Elton?

Edited by Superscally

23 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Still not wholly sure whether Stevens would be the Legend Slot even if he did play. We'll see.

I agree. I think he’s a great booking, but when you look at the shape the legend spot has taken over the last few years, he doesn’t seem to fit it. Certainly can’t see him filling the field in the same way the last few have. I could be wrong though!

He clearly won’t fill the field like the last few acts who have done the Sunday teatime slot, but he’s perfectly in keeping with the type of acts who did it from the late nineties through to 2013.

There seems to be clamour for the spot to be a cheesy song along at all costs and for them to start booking the likes of the spice girls, but they clearly aren’t ready to do that and still want to keep it anchored in its roots to some extent, which is no bad thing at all.

I'd have loved Gabriel. (Given I'm not at Glastonbury, will be spending my Friday night with him anyway.)

The trick would be getting him to play an unfettered set of hits though. Was chatting about this with a co-worker the other day, but reckon his upcoming tour is going to skew very heavily towards his new album and deep cuts.

If he was around next year however, will take this for twenty pounds please, Bob:

Here Comes the Flood
Red Rain
Shock the Monkey
Digging in the Dirt
Panopticom
Solsbury Hill
Games Without Frontiers
Don't Give Up
Secret World
10 Sledgehammer
11 Biko
12 In Your Eyes

(For one, could skip Biko and throw San Jacinto or Intruder or Family Snapshot or Mercy Street or Blood of Eden or any other number in there, but Biko is pretty much as intersected as you get for Glastonbury.)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

If the info of Blondie being on before/after him as a kind of ‘two for one’ legend slot deal is true then they fit more in line with the recent big sing along + a boogie type legends, even if Cat Stevens is the official one. 

Think they split the time too rather than the legend getting the longer setlist 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Although Blondie live is by no means a guaranteed good vibes-fest.

But fuck it. I think I'm down for the double bill.

My working theory is that if you're drunk/tired enough on a Sunday afternoon, and the weather is good, we'll accept bangers regardless of how they are served.

Yusuf surely more Pule than Cathedral City... although as mentioned earlier by @Zoo Music Girlhe can slip in I Love My Dog (never proven as I understand) 

A return to 'Music Legend' roots would surely be a good thing though... or we are inevitably destined for a Spice Up Your Pyramid future..?

Yusuf's tunes may keep the blanket brigade firmly on their bums though (hey, I like a sit down especially during a lengthy Pyramid stay.!) which may enrage the stronger limbed purists..