Coach & Ticket Resale Best of Luck

marathonsteve

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Tickets are a relatively low fraud risk so may have higher thresholds and get flagged less often - basically if fraud is reported then usually there'll be more than enough time to block the tickets before the event.

The "does it flag up" thing is going to be a fairly complex algorithm, and will vary by bank/card provider.

The most annoying one it flags is my government childcare account that I have to use each month to pay my kids' nursery fees. Feels a bit like overkill to me, especially as whenever I spent anything, no matter how big or small my Barclays app notifies me. So I know exactly how much is coming out of my account at any time.

You should really be able to set "safe" providers.

1 hour ago, Skier68 said:

Hopefully you can start worrying about things like that at 6.10pm. Until then we all have a far bigger concern!!! Good luck all.

Am lucky enough to be leaving from Bristol on first coach out Wednesday morning.

Am trying for others today 🙂

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

Does anyone know what the See Coach times are from Bristol or a Wednesday? I have got my head round going for it tonight rather than waiting for Sunday

Returns leave 6:30am, 8:30am, etc - not sure how late they go but I think until at least 4:30pm.

Singles leave 7:30am, 9:30am, etc.

Presumably the earlier departures will fill quicker.

10 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Does anyone know what the See Coach times are from Bristol or a Wednesday? I have got my head round going for it tonight rather than waiting for Sunday

I've bought from London in the past.

You get given a timeslot or have to pick one, can't remember. Although by the time you make it through, there may be few options left.

Would much prefer Wednesday coach, but if there was only a Thursday slot available, not sure if I'd be able to say no & risk it all for Sunday.

Godspeed to you all!

28 minutes ago, incident said:

Returns leave 6:30am, 8:30am, etc - not sure how late they go but I think until at least 4:30pm.

Singles leave 7:30am, 9:30am, etc.

Presumably the earlier departures will fill quicker.

Thanks for that. Strange that they separate out the returns and singles. But fundamentally there is at least 1 bus every hour on the half hour. 

9 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Thanks for that. Strange that they separate out the returns and singles. But fundamentally there is at least 1 bus every hour on the half hour. 

It'll be because the returns need to be matched with the same number of seats on the journey leaving the festival, so probably just easiest to structure it like that.

Can't remember what the journey times leaving the festival are, I've booked a coach direct back home for that.

Just now, incident said:

It'll be because the returns need to be matched with the same number of seats on the journey leaving the festival, so probably just easiest to structure it like that.

Can't remember what the journey times leaving the festival are, I've booked a coach direct back home for that.

so it might be sensible to go for a single ticket in a place that offers them ?  i was thinking it wouldn't give me any extra chance but it might 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

so it might be sensible to go for a single ticket in a place that offers them ?  i was thinking it wouldn't give me any extra chance but it might 

I'm not 100% on this, but I think for Bristol both the Single and Return options are shown on the same drop down, with fully booked ones showing as unavailable. So you can see what the options are without having to select one or the other (though be quick of course because availability is a moving target). That's how I remember it anyway.

Not sure how it works for destinations that don't let you select times.

Just now, incident said:

I'm not 100% on this, but I think for Bristol both the Single and Return options are shown on the same drop down, with fully booked ones showing as unavailable. So you can see what the options are without having to select one or the other (though be quick of course because availability is a moving target). That's how I remember it anyway.

Not sure how it works for destinations that don't let you select times.

Cheers might be worth an attempt as it’s obviously cheaper as a single :.. 

Other thing to mention (again, for Bristol/London where you can choose times) is I think that the drop down lists all the return times first as a group, and then the Single times below them. So you need to scroll down (and maybe that means people are less likely to spot them? Dunno.)

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think they do singles from Taunton.

yep they do, Bath, Bristol, London, Reading & Taunton but apparently it's just London and Bristol where you can choose a time (depending on availability) this is the crucial bit for me. As I couldn't do a 06:30am bus from Bristol. I am already going to have to travel from Shropshire first on the train to Bristol.

Just now, al_coholic said:

yep they do, Bath, Bristol, London, Reading & Taunton but apparently it's just London and Bristol where you can choose a time (depending on availability) this is the crucial bit for me. As I couldn't do a 06:30am bus from Bristol. I am already going to have to travel from Shropshire first on the train to Bristol.

Hotel in Bristol the night before?

There is a Travelodge (Bristol central) opposite the pick up point.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

they do ... I just didnt realise it was a different bus 

They may not (physically) be different from the non-timed locations - but they'll still want to match up the number of seats sold to those available on the coaches - so it's certainly possible that you see one type sold out but not the other when you go to purchase.