Worth View resale

Walter Sobchak

6 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

Wot about this new "Sticklinch" thing that I just learned existed yesterday?

If there are returns for that then they will also be on sale at 11am. Just behind Rigs Field in the old West Campervans field. My group is in there this year and will hopefully feel a little closer to the festival than Worthy View.

6 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

If there are returns for that then they will also be on sale at 11am. Just behind Rigs Field in the old West Campervans field. My group is in there this year and will hopefully feel a little closer to the festival than Worthy View.

I'm wondering how many of the standard worthy amenities it will have

Free showers?

Breakfast stalls?

Shuttle bus from the coach dropoff?

Just now, FatAmmy said:

I'm wondering how many of the standard worthy amenities it will have

Free showers?

Breakfast stalls?

Shuttle bus from the coach dropoff?

Wondering that myself. I'd imagine there will be a coffee/breakfast type place and maybe a couple of shower blocks. It's much smaller than WV so not as many facilities. I'd hope there would be a shuttle from the coach drop off, maybe add a stop to the WV shuttle.

7 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Wondering that myself. I'd imagine there will be a coffee/breakfast type place and maybe a couple of shower blocks. It's much smaller than WV so not as many facilities. I'd hope there would be a shuttle from the coach drop off, maybe add a stop to the WV shuttle.

Dunno if there's more details in here, haven't spotted them...
https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-accommodation-options/

I think I'd feel further out at Sticklinch than at WV? I never found getting home from SEC to WV to be much of a trek. Similarly, I always felt like I was in the thick of it fairly quickly after leaving WV - the railway line crossing at the bottom of Pennards and by the Glade feels bust and you're there in no time. 

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I think I'd feel further out at Sticklinch than at WV? I never found getting home from SEC to WV to be much of a trek. Similarly, I always felt like I was in the thick of it fairly quickly after leaving WV - the railway line crossing at the bottom of Pennards and by the Glade feels bust and you're there in no time. 

Was staring at a map this morning pondering this too. Worthy is closer to the SE corner, west campervan is maybe closer to the park and northern destinations? No hill is the advantage for sticklinch, if there's no shuttle going there though I would probably default back to trying for WV because I can deal with the hill

19 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Don't get me wrong I liked WV and it's proximity to the railway track is pretty good, but if you were in the top level of WV by the entrance it does feel a little disconnected, although I loved the view of the site from the fire pit where the stalls were. With Sticklinch it's adjacent to another camping field which for me makes it more connected to inside the fence. Also perfectly placed for The Park, Arcadia and Cineramageddon. The no hill is a big deal for my group and it's a bit easier to nip back to SL for an afternoon nap. 

3 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Don't get me wrong I liked WV and it's proximity to the railway track is pretty good, but if you were in the top level of WV by the entrance it does feel a little disconnected, although I loved the view of the site from the fire pit where the stalls were. With Sticklinch it's adjacent to another camping field which for me makes it more connected to inside the fence. Also perfectly placed for The Park, Arcadia and Cineramageddon. The no hill is a big deal for my group and it's a bit easier to nip back to SL for an afternoon nap. 

I suppose it depends where you tend to start and finish your day. We almost always head to the Williams Green area first and invariably finish in the SEC so WV seems more convenient. We've also been lucky to end up pitched fairly near the exit to Pennard Hill Gate, rather than at the back of WV. 

We went to Cineramageddon for the end of our Sunday night in 2017 and 2019 so Sticklinch would have been extremely convenient on those nights! 

10 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I have read in 2 separate places on this forum that there will be no shuttle to Sticklinch. So if you aren't driving you will need to walk across site from the Bus Station

That is a bloody long way!  Travel light people!

18 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I'm not sure I understand.. Should I try with the main sale at 11:00 or should I wait until they tweet officially that the general tickets are sold out?

Main resale will finish by about 9:20. If you want Worthy View accommodation this will be a separate sale that starts at 11am. The main resale of GA tickets at 9am will have no impact on this, they’re two separate sales. If you need both then you’ll need a ticket in the GA sale at 9am to then try for WV at 11am.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

45 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

How does Tangerine Fields compare to WV?

A bit more expensive. Still has availability though so you could book a 2 person tent right now if you wanted. £370 with roll mats included. Worthy View is £325 for the 2 person scout tent. 

8 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Does anybody know if there is also a tipi resale?

I think lumped in with the Sticklinch / camper / WV resale at 11am on Sunday, but not 100%.*

* Edit: Just went and checked - Tipis are included, £1,150 for 6 people. 

I've set up a spreadsheet for people who need accommodation / camper passes on Sunday - DM me if you want to be on it. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Main resale will finish by about 9:20. If you want Worthy View accommodation this will be a separate sale that starts at 11am. The main resale of GA tickets at 9am will have no impact on this, they’re two separate sales. If you need both then you’ll need a ticket in the GA sale at 9am to then try for WV at 11am.

Thanx! I don't know how I mixed up. I need Campervan ticket, so 11 it is