Pre-erected

blutarsky

1 hour ago, siblin said:

He probably just means he set off at 8pm but it took him that long to get up the hill!

I am young(ish) fit and healthy thank you very much! Earliest we headed back tot he tent was 4am I think. We did get a mac and cheese toastie every night though - those guys were open 24 hours it seemed. 

39 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

2019 you had a Worthy View wristband so no pass out required for the Pennard Gate

Was the same in 2017. We managed to blag into Crew Bars with it as it was different to GA. 

24 minutes ago, michaelscott_92 said:

Hi everyone! Very pleased that we've secured a 4 person Bell Tent at Sticklinch - does anyone know if the Bell tent comes with airbeds? Also any ideas on showers / facilities etc? thank you!

Information about bedding...

I have seen mention of renting air beds or sleeping bags from WV in efests, but not on their official pages.

I’m interested to know what the facilities will be like at Sticklinch as well, for things like a bar and food. I guess as it’s new we’ll find out in the coming weeks. 

Edited by Ozanne

50 minutes ago, rubick said:

We went to book our flights from Belfast - Bristol yesterday - £808 was a little extortionate we felt. We're going to stay over in Bristol on the Tuesday evening before and the Monday evening after, saving the guts of £600.

There is a 630am flight Dublin to Bristol some mornings I think? That might be cheaper plus the bus to Dublin than a night in Bristol! 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If I go by coach this year I'll probably just pack light/ask mates to take stuff and walk through the site.

We walked to the back end of East Campervan with equipment on our back a few times, took us about an hour. By the look of it in the map, the walk to WV looks pretty straight forward and if there aren't many bars on the way, you'll be there in no time🙂

5 minutes ago, am00 said:

There is a 630am flight Dublin to Bristol some mornings I think? That might be cheaper plus the bus to Dublin than a night in Bristol! 

Cheers for this! Only thing is I'm passportless at the moment - I can use my NI Driving Licence to head across on the plane from Belfast to England, but I don't fancy my chances trying to get an Irish passport before June. It's something I have to do anyway so might as well try.

Edited by rubick

46 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

2019 you had a Worthy View wristband so no pass out required for the Pennard Gate

Cool similar to previous years then (i've done 2016 and 2017 at WV).  

I heard something about plastic bands in 2019 though?  Was that the only band you got, or in addition to the main festival band?
in 16/17 it was a different fabric band to the rest of the festival public, with "EPO" (Enhanced pass-out) written on it.

I also heard something about a digital barcode system they were trialling.

3 minutes ago, siblin said:

I heard something about plastic bands in 2019 though?  Was that the only band you got, or in addition to the main festival band?
in 16/17 it was a different fabric band to the rest of the festival public, with "EPO" (Enhanced pass-out) written on it.

I think there were problems with the barcodes last time, think they were too easy to fake IIRC, so they went with plastic bands to go with the regular festival one. Think it was a last minute fix.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

4 person Bell tents in WV and 6 person accommodation in Sticklinch still available right now. 

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/worthy-view-sticklinch-accommodation/worthy-farm/1450010

Just noticed this and was coming to post the same 😄 Will we be looking at this page every day for weeks still?

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Just noticed this and was coming to post the same 😄 Will we be looking at this page every day for weeks still?

They've had 6's up there pretty much all the time, but the 4s weren't there when I checked earlier. 

Am I right to think that as you can cancel up to May then if someone spotted an option they preferred they can double book and then cancel the first one, or is there a prohibitive fee? 

9 minutes ago, clarkete said:

They've had 6's up there pretty much all the time, but the 4s weren't there when I checked earlier. 

Am I right to think that as you can cancel up to May then if someone spotted an option they preferred they can double book and then cancel the first one, or is there a prohibitive fee? 

£25 is the fee.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, clarkete said:

This is what we ended up doing. So we booked a 4 person bell tent for WV, then saw the Sticklinch one come up after randomly rechecking the site. So we booked that, essentially double booked and then requested for WV to be cancelled. They keep £20 of the amount when you request a refund. But yeah can cancel til May (I can't remember the exact date)

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

@clarkete you not bringing a van in anymore? 

I can’t keep up! 

No, imagine what it's like in my confused brain. 

I got to 5 options - 

Any van related one involved - asking a kind GA person to let me use their reg and hiring a pre-installed van, or using third party site and getting a van myself or delivered. The first option was waiting list only, the second would need me to go somewhere (maybe even as far as Derby) rent a van, drive to Pilton then get a lift back to Brizzle. Before we go to Taunton to get our coach and ticket 🤣

By comparison WV or Stickle Bricks seemed simple. Maybe if I'm really lucky someone will be going to Sticklinch in a big motor or van and can carry a bit of stuff for me - for a few pints obviously 😊

2 minutes ago, TeaCosy said:

This is what we ended up doing. So we booked a 4 person bell tent for WV, then saw the Sticklinch one come up after randomly rechecking the site. So we booked that, essentially double booked and then requested for WV to be cancelled. They keep £20 of the amount when you request a refund. But yeah can cancel til May (I can't remember the exact date)

Thanks 😊

9 minutes ago, clarkete said:

No, imagine what it's like in my confused brain. 

I got to 5 options - 

Any van related one involved - asking a kind GA person to let me use their reg and hiring a pre-installed van, or using third party site and getting a van myself or delivered. The first option was waiting list only, the second would need me to go somewhere (maybe even as far as Derby) rent a van, drive to Pilton then get a lift back to Brizzle. Before we go to Taunton to get our coach and ticket 🤣

By comparison WV or Stickle Bricks seemed simple. Maybe if I'm really lucky someone will be going to Sticklinch in a big motor or van and can carry a bit of stuff for me - for a few pints obviously 😊

Defiantly seems the easiest, although didn't you say you needed a toilet on board?!

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Defiantly seems the easiest, although didn't you say you needed a toilet on board?!

I'm in my 50s so I definitely would have preferred that, as I do pee regularly, but all of those options seemed like a massive pain in the a**e and I'm also a lazy git too.

1 hour ago, siblin said:

IIRC it was the fabric band same as 16 (which was my other time in WV)

6 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm in my 50s so I definitely would have preferred that, as I do pee regularly, but all of those options seemed like a massive pain in the a**e and I'm also a lazy git too.

I think Sticklinch seems the easiest out of the lot, some of my friends are going there too.

Its now getting to the point with our crowd (all late 30s-mid 40s) that people are now opting to go in 'glamping' or 'pre-erected tents' but I just personally can't justify the cost. 

I think the only thing I can see myself doing over the next few years is not bothering to come at the crack of dawn on the Wednesday to get a central camping spot.  I think that's my main issue is the getting in/queuing for hours on end at the gates, and I only do that to get a good spot!

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think Sticklinch seems the easiest out of the lot, some of my friends are going there too.

Its now getting to the point with our crowd (all late 30s-mid 40s) that people are now opting to go in 'glamping' or 'pre-erected tents' but I just personally can't justify the cost. 

I think the only thing I can see myself doing over the next few years is not bothering to come at the crack of dawn on the Wednesday to get a central camping spot.  I think that's my main issue is the getting in/queuing for hours on end at the gates, and I only do that to get a good spot!

Aye, I think 2007 and earlier we'd been in Webbs Ash for many years - big groups, I had a large tent.  Someone even brought a spare tent just for firewood which lasted until Sunday!

I think that year it rained every day maybe?  Since then I've either done rented motorhome or caravan - I don't have a space to keep one of my own even if I would use it for things other than Glastonbury.

This year was faced with the prospect of breaking my incredible lucky streak, some of which has been in coach sales or resales, so thought that even if that would be silly that would increase my odds.

I'll just be delighted to be there 🙂 

49 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I reckon so! Determined to try and find you a van ticket. 

Yes she's already paid for the caravan so don't know what we do if she can't get one. I've never seen the field we're in full so it seems crazy that they wouldn't just take her money. 

Anyone ever stayed in one of the Glastonbury Bell Tents? Booked one at WV for this year, but now having 2nd thoughts about the lack of porch space. Assume if it's a muddy one the inside gets completely trashed?

Just now, Skoo said:

Anyone ever stayed in one of the Glastonbury Bell Tents? Booked one at WV for this year, but now having 2nd thoughts about the lack of porch space. Assume if it's a muddy one the inside gets completely trashed?

They are very roomy, personally I preferred the canvas ones, but the Glastonbury bells were just fine, loads of room inside, even if you are not organised with the space.