Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Exactly, one of my mates got them on their iPad at an airport after repeatedly getting the tickets have been allocated message. I told them to keep trying as tickets go back on sale from failed transactions, but I honestly thought that was clutching at straws. Little did we all know this was the year it was actually more likely to work than not!

I’m already getting concerned for Oct sale later this year 😂

for me personally having usually managed to get my own ticket 2004-2015 I’ve only seen white screen of death ever since and have always relied on others to get mine!

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I’m already getting concerned for Oct sale later this year 😂

for me personally having usually managed to get my own ticket 2004-2015 I’ve only seen white screen of death ever since and have always relied on others to get mine!

I always stress about the October sale but it normally works itself out one way or another, I think across the four sales we should all get to go if we really want to, it might just be absolutely fucking stressful along the way 😂

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I always stress about the October sale but it normally works itself out one way or another, I think across the four sales we should all get to go if we really want to, it might just be absolutely fucking stressful along the way 😂

Stress what stress ? 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I completely failed in 2019 so ended up working on a bar for Shelter charity!

so I’ll always get in one way or another!

The only time I’ve got through in 10 years to actually get my own ticket was 2019 and still haven’t used it 😂😭 

Then managed to get through twice on Thursday as a helper… I hope it’s a pattern and not all my luck gone!

We pray to the ticket gods…

image.gif.6c7136062566887dba1c2686b890a131.gif

Very disheartening reading all these posts of people getting tickets after “sell out”. I was trying for a friend and got through at 9.23, but after I put in registration details it said allocation gone. I went back and forward a few times pressing proceed after putting details in and got same message

then the festival tweeted they’d sold out, so tried a couple more times by 9.25 and gave up.

wondering now if I had of kept trying would I have gotten them sorted!

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Very disheartening reading all these posts of people getting tickets after “sell out”. I was trying for a friend and got through at 9.23, but after I put in registration details it said allocation gone. I went back and forward a few times pressing proceed after putting details in and got same message

then the festival tweeted they’d sold out, so tried a couple more times by 9.25 and gave up.

wondering now if I had of kept trying would I have gotten them sorted!

Can’t beat yourself up about something that was pure chance and you had no chance of knowing!

I'm in!  Thank you to the wonderful person who got through for me (I know his real name but not his user name so won't name him) and the person who separately funded my payment (ditto) as I was mid-Atlantic at resale time.  Still can't quite believe it.  

I knew I'd be there one way or another as I had a work slot but wasn't really up to planning as I wasn't sure how much I'd be able to see.  But now I'm like a bunny on speed, wondering what to do first to plan.  

First stop, Camp Solo, I think!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm in!  Thank you to the wonderful person who got through for me (I know his real name but not his user name so won't name him) and the person who separately funded my payment (ditto) as I was mid-Atlantic at resale time.  Still can't quite believe it.  

I knew I'd be there one way or another as I had a work slot but wasn't really up to planning as I wasn't sure how much I'd be able to see.  But now I'm like a bunny on speed, wondering what to do first to plan.  

First stop, Camp Solo, I think!

Second stop @Quarks shoulders ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joeltg said:

Quick update, curious to see if anyone experienced similar. 

Filled the booking screen, even got as far as pending in my account. Authorised through the security of online banking....pending has now vanished!

Gutted and far worse than not getting a sniff atall if I am honest. Difficult to contact see tickets to see what happened without a booking....

In your bank does the transaction have the order number as the reference? Maybe approach them with this, they've had so many issues with the water bottles etc that i'm sure you have a good chance vs normal years of blagging it

44 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think so. I suspect the increased security checks were part of it. In the past, the selling out was pretty  brutal and very, very few tickets were obtained after sold out, but there were tons today, in both sales.

Edit: for instance I got @blutarsky's tickets what felt like an age after they had all gone. I'd entered the details  and got through to the next page with 0 tickets showing as available, but I just kept refreshing the page and eventually one was available. 

I've just checked and although it felt like an age, I only got them at 11:10!

Yeah, that's the theory I'd go with - SCA probably accounted for a decent number of failures.

2 hours ago, joeltg said:

Quick update, curious to see if anyone experienced similar. 

Filled the booking screen, even got as far as pending in my account. Authorised through the security of online banking....pending has now vanished!

Gutted and far worse than not getting a sniff atall if I am honest. Difficult to contact see tickets to see what happened without a booking....

Yep I'm in the same boat. You can get in contact with them at glastonbury@seetickets.com

24 minutes ago, gfa said:

In your bank does the transaction have the order number as the reference? Maybe approach them with this, they've had so many issues with the water bottles etc that i'm sure you have a good chance vs normal years of blagging it

Thanks GFA, unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the pending transaction (bank doesn't allow for screenshot), purely cause on the call to Santander they told me all would be fine as it's been accepted! 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I did miss a fair chunk of things and camped away from my friends but at least I was there! 

Yes indeed - I would've taken it but better to have a ticket!  Still can't believe it!  I now want to plan, I want to know every single stage line up, I want to know the weather, I want to be there.  NOW.