Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

2 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Storytime. See my signature and you'll see I'm a veteran of these boards (15 years!) but sadly don't stick around too much in off-season. Nonetheless I genuinely did a jig for @crazyfool1 when I saw their success on Thursday and have been driving Mrs Beaver mad exclaiming similar tenured names in this thread with their success or decision not to. Long one ahead - hope it's worth it:

I had an 8 festival run 2008-16 without a hitch (relatively speaking). A truly blessed time and so genuinely eternally grateful. It is after all, at least 7 festivals more than most get (if not 8!) but Glasto is a fundamental part of me like everyone else here and it is my Christmas (not so keen on the Winter version). I'm also West Country bred living only 20 minutes away from site since 95 (or at least my parents still do... I've moved to London as one does. - I'll be back!) so there's that.

Waited years to see Foos (RIP Taylor) and Radiohead on that stage, missing Foos when Grohl broke his leg - have that t-shirt - and of course the year they both appear is the year that only my group of six in our cartel didn't get tickets. No one from my entire cartel got them in 2019 either. Then the plague hit.

I had genuinely written off going this year as well in spite of my proclamations that there ain't no mountain high enough, valley deep enough nor river wide enough that would keep me from Diana. However, one has to be realistic. Even up to last night where I was awake at 3am (thanks BST) designing the list of must-do's for the lucky newbies in my life. Those newbies include my Dad who has seen me go for all those years and finally has bitten the bullet (with his camper van) and got lucky in 2019. I really wanted to share my favourite place on earth in person with him but assumed disappointment given recent form and a run of bad luck in my personal life that included burnout, a chronic illness flare, getting our favourite virus and missing a best mates stag do very recently - one of those life phases, ya know? When it rains...

We failed on Thursday. No surprise as I don't get on well with the coach sales (so complicated under such pressure!) and much prefer launching from parental homes anyway. This morning rolls around and the adrenalin is running even if I've accepted the outcome. The post that included the auto refresh extension and other technical advice caught me last night so I thought why not? I usually end up on WhatsApp for much of it, draining refreshing opportunities, as I'm the local Glasto king and everyone comes to me for advice and news - many here will be similar I'm sure! So I figured if that could do it for me and stop once it loads then I'm free to do both!

IT WORKED! Much like others here we went through 4 cards to make it work, including my bank trying to call me to verify (4 hours later!). Our other core group got in at the same time and I later found out the other major group, in the old cartel we weren't using this time, also got in. The best bit is that it was due to efestival forum advice just like the old days - so thank you so much you beautiful bunch!

TLDR: We were on a mission from God, the band is back together. It's 12 weeks to Glasto after 6 years away, we have our bags ready... Where are my sunglasses? See you at Brothers at 3pm on Wednesday (before realising it is sugary pish for early 20's Beaver and that the cider bus is now infinitely preferable - traditions are traditions though eh?)

(I hope to be back on these boards and a little more active - I miss all the old hands and want to get to know the ones who have joined over the years)

To Avalon!

...I can read the lineup properly now!

Big love ❤️ congratulations . See you on the farm … will be back with a blue heart 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Thank you!  Just made another plan though (and paid!)  Got full electric hook up in a campsite about 10 miles out, will bring my car too and a tent and do a mix of in a tent and off site in the campervan... 

Knows that all sounds mental but it's what we're doing 😅

So your lady changed her mind about going then

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Delighted for everyone who got tickets! I'm quite jealous and a tiny bit of me wishes I'd got involved but I'm laid up with covid and I think the disappointment would have been too much today if it hadn't worked. Gutted for those that didn't make it.

I'll be bowing out of here soon but my friends have confirmed we are back in for 2023 so already looking forward to the next sale!

Have a fantastic time all 😀

Sorry to hear this . Make sure you come back.

2022 will be alright, 2023 though will blow the fucking roof off , so will work out for the best

44 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Sorry to hear this . Make sure you come back.

2022 will be alright, 2023 though will blow the fucking roof off , so will work out for the best

It's okay, I'd already decided I wasn't trying as have Primavera booked the same month. Decided I'd rather get my plans finalised a bit more in advance and can't really justify both! 

I'm sure you will all have an amazing time and I know I will be back 😀 

1 hour ago, Beaver89 said:

Storytime. See my signature and you'll see I'm a veteran of these boards (15 years!) but sadly don't stick around too much in off-season. Nonetheless I genuinely did a jig for @crazyfool1 when I saw their success on Thursday and have been driving Mrs Beaver mad exclaiming similar tenured names in this thread with their success or decision not to. Long one ahead - hope it's worth it:

I had an 8 festival run 2008-16 without a hitch (relatively speaking). A truly blessed time and so genuinely eternally grateful. It is after all, at least 7 festivals more than most get (if not 8!) but Glasto is a fundamental part of me like everyone else here and it is my Christmas (not so keen on the Winter version). I'm also West Country bred living only 20 minutes away from site since 95 (or at least my parents still do... I've moved to London as one does. - I'll be back!) so there's that.

Waited years to see Foos (RIP Taylor) and Radiohead on that stage, missing Foos when Grohl broke his leg - have that t-shirt - and of course the year they both appear is the year that only my group of six in our cartel didn't get tickets. No one from my entire cartel got them in 2019 either. Then the plague hit.

I had genuinely written off going this year as well in spite of my proclamations that there ain't no mountain high enough, valley deep enough nor river wide enough that would keep me from Diana. However, one has to be realistic. Even up to last night where I was awake at 3am (thanks BST) designing the list of must-do's for the lucky newbies in my life. Those newbies include my Dad who has seen me go for all those years and finally has bitten the bullet (with his camper van) and got lucky in 2019. I really wanted to share my favourite place on earth in person with him but assumed disappointment given recent form and a run of bad luck in my personal life that included burnout, a chronic illness flare, getting our favourite virus and missing a best mates stag do very recently - one of those life phases, ya know? When it rains...

We failed on Thursday. No surprise as I don't get on well with the coach sales (so complicated under such pressure!) and much prefer launching from parental homes anyway. This morning rolls around and the adrenalin is running even if I've accepted the outcome. The post that included the auto refresh extension and other technical advice caught me last night so I thought why not? I usually end up on WhatsApp for much of it, draining refreshing opportunities, as I'm the local Glasto king and everyone comes to me for advice and news - many here will be similar I'm sure! So I figured if that could do it for me and stop once it loads then I'm free to do both!

IT WORKED! Much like others here we went through 4 cards to make it work, including my bank trying to call me to verify (4 hours later!). Our other core group got in at the same time and I later found out the other major group, in the old cartel we weren't using this time, also got in. The best bit is that it was due to efestival forum advice just like the old days - so thank you so much you beautiful bunch!

TLDR: We were on a mission from God, the band is back together. It's 12 weeks to Glasto after 6 years away, we have our bags ready... Where are my sunglasses? See you at Brothers at 3pm on Wednesday (before realising it is sugary pish for early 20's Beaver and that the cider bus is now infinitely preferable - traditions are traditions though eh?)

(I hope to be back on these boards and a little more active - I miss all the old hands and want to get to know the ones who have joined over the years)

To Avalon!

Good to see you got in. 

For those that don't know, along with @Brave Sir Robin, @JBarbour and @Dukeicon, Beaver89 was one of the people who got the original Thingy populated on eFests.

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

So who else is still pinching themselves?? Don't think I have stopped smiling all day

I'd already resigned myself to not going and that I would have to 'just' take Primavera. I was going mental this morning with the music blaring. However, I went to Fabric last night and I was still pretty pissed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Homer said:

I'd already resigned myself to not going and that I would have to 'just' take Primavera. I was going mental this morning with the music blaring. However, I went to Fabric last night and I was still pretty pissed.

Yes the last 2 years has been a real rollercoaster with it hanging in limbo. I've had times when I thought it was an impossible task and times when I was really quite hopeful but this morning was just the best. Thanks so much @jac_frogyou know you have a great friend when they even have ticket anxiety dreams on your behalf. 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

So who else is still pinching themselves?? Don't think I have stopped smiling all day

Yeah I feel weird, like I have jet lag or something. Missed out on the campervan sale but managed to get a campsite nearby (thanks to @Brave Sir Robin) a backup until a campervan ticket becomes available 👍

1 hour ago, Beaver89 said:

To Avalon!

Congrats! And welcome back!

Just one correction - it's 6pm on the Wednesday we'll see you, in the Ridge & Furrow, just over into the Cabaret field from West Holts, for the eFests meet 🙂

I'm still fuming about the £1.79 my mate persuaded me to part with for a Refreshinator. As far as I can work it did absolutely fuck all. It was still hammering away 10 mins after it sold out on Thurs, like one of the soldiers hiding in the Vietnamese jungle in the 80s unaware the war finished years ago.

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm still fuming about the £1.79 my mate persuaded me to part with for a Refreshinator. As far as I can work it did absolutely fuck all. It was still hammering away 10 mins after it sold out on Thurs, like one of the soldiers hiding in the Vietnamese jungle in the 80s unaware the war finished years ago.

Fantastic stuff …  when the anger of the refreshinator subsides after a week or so you can celebrate the tickets 

23 minutes ago, Homer said:

I thought you'd missed out! Happy days 🙂

4 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

I know what you mean about payment fear! Landline rang just after I confirmed payment.  Thought it was a spam call, luckily OH answered to find it was the verification code from See. So we're going, with a cv ticket (thanks @noplacelikehome!!), and at some point I will come back to planet earth. I'm retiring to a warm bath to eat mother's day Hotel Chocolat  

I had to log on to my credit card app to verify the purchase, just watching the bloody clock ticking away and convinced I was going to lose them!

This really is a joyous thread, even for us who were lucky enough to get tickets in the original sale. Always had so much empathy for those who have had to endure the agony of waiting two and a half years for a resale. So happy to see posters on here finally getting their wish, they just kept believing. 

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Anecdotally at least it seems the overriding majority on here who needed them have somehow got them in the end? Seems more than the previous few years from what I can recall.

Yes I'd guess there were a lot more available although I also think people in these parts are also possibly very well organised. Seeing more people complaining in Facebook groups. I keep saying it's a numbers games these days but it does feel as though organising yourself into large groups is the most effective way to do it.

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Fantastic stuff …  when the anger of the refreshinator subsides after a week or so you can celebrate the tickets 

We should a virtual meet in real life at the festival. I've never been to the efests one as I've only ever done the Weds once before. Something like Supergrass would do the trick I'm sure.

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

I thought you'd missed out! Happy days 🙂

Cheers mate, I've noticed I've been a bit quiet on here recently. I suspected it might have been because I was too busy with work - but I've now realised it was cos I was psychologically preparing myself for missing my first Glasto since 97!

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

We should a virtual meet in real life at the festival. I've never been to the efests one as I've only ever done the Weds once before. Something like Supergrass would do the trick I'm sure.

You wed or Thurs ? Try and do wed if there is any way you can