The art of the album cover

Ayrshire Chris

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

One big regret I have is when I sold my copy of the Glastonbury Fayre triple album back in the early seventies. Sold it through an advert in melody maker for a fiver. It was the first pressing and in mint condition. Really needs the cash!  Tracks from Bowie,Gong, Hawkwind, Pink Fairies etc. The sleeve contained a booklet, poster and a fold up pyramid. Collectors item now, wonder who bought it from me. I remember posting it to Derby!
IMG_1679.jpeg.e9170f59d20de97bcda882e6b19fc649.jpeg

Just had a look on line;

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Glastonbury-Festival-June-1971/dp/B0CGTLGNRL

• Thanks 1

I was a record collector in my youth, but when the kids came along I sold off much of my collection.  At the end I had 2 boxes remaining, one of which was mostly worthless remnants I'd not yet sold and one of which was collectables to be saved to be sold years down the line.  My ex accidentally gave the wrong box to my in-laws when they were doing a boot sale.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

There’s been a few rereleases over the decades, the one I flogged was an original 1972 pressing, bought on its release from a then unknown mail order company called virgin who sold cheap albums via adverts in the music press! 

44 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I was a record collector in my youth, but when the kids came along I sold off much of my collection.  At the end I had 2 boxes remaining, one of which was mostly worthless remnants I'd not yet sold and one of which was collectables to be saved to be sold years down the line.  My ex accidentally gave the wrong box to my in-laws when they were doing a boot sale.

The same reason I had to sell so many albums! Turned classic vinyl into prams and cots! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

It could be worse - you could be the bloke whose girlfriend threw out the wrong bag off the landing - the one bag with 7,200 Bitcoins on a hard drive within it. Straight to a council tip.  Ouch! 

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It could be worse - you could be the bloke whose girlfriend threw out the wrong bag off the landing - the one bag with 7,200 Bitcoins on a hard drive within it. Straight to a council tip.  Ouch! 

Still not as bad as daft me flogging an iconic Glastonbury artefact for a fiver😉😊