Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Looks like there’s two main secret sets, JP and The Park - who do we think they could be?

jp is almost certainly paulo nutini.

park could be anybody right now. arcade fire / florence / jack white / harry styles / 1975

The writing's on the wall here - waiting for Arctic Monkeys to walk out on Park - someone else walks out, followed by a mad dash to catch the back end of the Bootleg Beatles.

It's got Daft Punk/Chase & Status gate (2013) written all over it.

5 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

Is it just me or does Paolo on the JP feel like a total let down? Is he even relevant anymore, let alone for a secret suprise? I was at the Killers in 2017 and Foals at the Park in 19, seems like a bit of a downgrade!

Secret sets all depend on acts actually wanting to do them, and unfortunately they can’t always get huge, headliner sized acts to want to do them for the minimal fee they no doubt pay.

Paolo is still a big deal, albeit not as big as those other acts, and he’ll pull (and keep) a huge crowd regardless.

8 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

Is it just me or does Paolo on the JP feel like a total let down? Is he even relevant anymore, let alone for a secret suprise? I was at the Killers in 2017 and Foals at the Park in 19, seems like a bit of a downgrade!

It is a total let down, yes.

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2022 at 2:37 PM, rubick said:

Following another user's point on another thread about LCD Soundsystem being in country in June, I'll be praying to Jesus, Mary, Joseph and associated farmyard animals for this to come to pass.

Praying with you there @rubick. I was so sure I'd see them on the lineup given the proximity to their 6 day run at the O2 in Brixton!! I'd lose my s**t if they appeared.

8 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

As first timer, how really secret sets are? Do we have any idea few days before the festival or it's just showing up there and see?

Not all thaaaat secret, really.  Most you've got a pretty good idea of a couple days out.  Worst case, morning of.  Just follow secretglasto on Twitter, and you'll be good.

22 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

As first timer, how really secret sets are? Do we have any idea few days before the festival or it's just showing up there and see?

12 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Not all thaaaat secret, really.  Most you've got a pretty good idea of a couple days out.  Worst case, morning of.  Just follow secretglasto on Twitter, and you'll be good.

Yep I think I've known about every (major) secret set in the Twitter era to be honest, and have been able to plan accordingly.