Major Milestone

Hugh Jass II

Dunno if anyone else feels the same but Easter always feels like a major milestone in the build up to the festival. Once we get past it we are in the home straight.

The weather is improving, announcements start coming thick and fast and the build is underway.

Good times are almost upon us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

This is going to sound a bit daft, but I’ve always found once something I’m really looking forward to gets to 100 days away it then just seems to come round super fast. It only seems like the other day I said it was 100 days to go in our WhatsApp group and in the blink of an eye it’s now only 60 odd days to go. Once we’re in May then it’s basically almost here in my eyes. 

It’s all coming in thick and fast for me from this weekend at Wembley for the Fury fight. Before Glastonbury I’ve 2 stags abroad, a wedding near me, Primavera and a christening. It’s gonna fly in when you add the stage announcements roughly every week as well. Cannot wait.

Me and my missis are moving into our gaff end of July/start of August so I’m going for gold before I settle down a bit. 

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers

1 minute ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

It’s all coming in thick and fast for me from this weekend at Wembley for the Fury fight. Before Glastonbury I’ve 2 stags abroad, a wedding near me, Primavera and a christening. It’s gonna fly in when you add the stage announcements roughly every week as well. Cannot wait.

Me and my missis are moving into our gaff end of July/start of August so I’m going for gold before I settle down a bit. 

Similar to me although yours sounds a bit more stacked, in June I’ve got Liam Gallagher at Knebworth, a wedding and a stag at Sonar in Barcelona the weekend before Glasto.

32 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

May bank holiday for me. Once we hit may I think it’s just next month.  I start to get proper excited 

Bearded Theory attendance is breaking the seal for us. After that its June and we just hit the accelerator till September..

Cant wait

I actually feel a bit envious of people in the UK come June, because they're able to view the build at their leisure.

I'm travelling to spend time with my parents, and find it hard to say 'hang on mum, a lump of wood chippings has just been delivered to the festival site - could you give me a minute to take that in and discuss with others?'

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Bearded Theory attendance is breaking the seal for us. After that its June and we just hit the accelerator till September..

Cant wait

BT for me too this year.  First time I've done a 'pre-Glastonbury' festival so looking forward to a decent trial run with the van before the Big One.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Dunno if anyone else feels the same but Easter always feels like a major milestone in the build up to the festival. Once we get past it we are in the home straight.

The weather is improving, announcements start coming thick and fast and the build is underway.

Completely agree and for those of us who got in at the resale it's all a bit of a whirlwind 

Was saying earlier I can't believe its 3 weeks since resale day - it's flying by and I've got a week in Cornwalla and Neighbourhood Weekender followed by Liam Gallagher end of May, so once that's done it's in the final prep phase! 

Usually for me, as I'm always so pre-occupied with football, once the Champions League final is done then I'm all about 'music, music, music'

Got Liam Gallagher at Knebworth on 3rd of June, then a stag do the following weekend 10-12th June, once those are both done all the focus will be on to Glastonbury, in fact on the 18th June I've marked down on our calendar as 'Glastonbury prep-day' for me so my gf doesn't book anything in!

It feels close, yet still ages away! I've started being able to think about preparing though which is nice! 

May is always busy in work too, plus I've got my eldest daughter's birthday to keep me occupied. Then June, I have the Rolling Stones, my wife's birthday, a weekend away, and Elton John in the space of 8 days, so that should fly by!

We have a new 5k capacity festival in Wicklow called Beyond the Pale 10th-12th June to break us in for festival season - we'd bought tickets before the Glastonbury resale. 

In the run up to that:

Alan Partridge @ SSE Arena, Belfast 22nd April

Bill Bailey @ 3Arena Dublin 28th April

Mogwai @ CQAF, Belfast 5th May

Edited by rubick

14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick Lamar has finally announced his next album. It’s fucking real guys. Glasto is coming.

I have zero interest in his music but this has made me smile given the amount of self doubt every f**ker had in my info saying he was going to be headlining when I put it out there back in January.

20 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Agree also feel more like shit got to get ready for this thing 

8 minutes ago, rubick said:

We have a new 5k capacity festival in Wicklow called Beyond the Pale 10th-12th June to break us in for festival season - we'd bought tickets before the Glastonbury resale. 

In the run up to that:

Alan Partridge @ SSE Arena, Belfast 22nd April

Bill Bailey @ 3Arena Dublin 28th April

Mogwai @ CQAF, Belfast 5th May

Beyond the pale lineup is brilliant, very happy to see it announced and All Together Now come back this year - given from what I’ve heard from pals about EP becoming a bit more mainstream (in its production, obvs attendance always was) it’s good to have some more alternative festivals. 

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Beyond the pale lineup is brilliant, very happy to see it announced and All Together Now come back this year - given from what I’ve heard from pals about EP becoming a bit more mainstream (in its production, obvs attendance always was) it’s good to have some more alternative festivals. 

ATN arguably the strongest line-up in the country this year so far. Yeah with the Picnic it's the first year capacity has been increased to 70k, expecting some changes to the layout. It gets a lot of stick but we love it, because we've been going so long. The setting is just perfect. Don't really spend much time at the Main Stage these days (think the last act I saw there was Massive Attack in 2018) but there's always a strong undercard and 20-odd other stages to explore.