Croissant Neuf 2022

gfa

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Does anyone know K.O.G Trying to update my playlist but there seems to be a few with that name or variations on it and don't want to add the wrong one. 

You able to link your playlist once sussed, was about to embark on one?

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Does anyone know K.O.G Trying to update my playlist but there seems to be a few with that name or variations on it and don't want to add the wrong one. 

Im assuming it’s K.O.G. of K.O.G. & The Zongo Brigade, who have played Glastonbury before

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashl said:

You able to link your playlist once sussed, was about to embark on one?

Mine is a big overall playlist for the whole festival and on Deezer rather than Spotify and will be tailored to my tastes (more and more as we get closer to the festival 😄) but I did make it public if anyone does want to listen to it. My user name is Ruwise. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Im assuming it’s K.O.G. of K.O.G. & The Zongo Brigade, who have played Glastonbury before

That's my assumption. Saw them on WH the year he was a runner up in the ETC, great fun!

Update @gigpusher - latest album came out this year, called "Zone 6, Agege"

Dunno if you're on Deezer but it's here https://deezer.page.link/S9AQUWBEzgDns7Ww6

Edited by Quark

Zongo wanted them back.

Assuming the vibe and sound will be similar I'll be all over this either in CN or in Shangri La. Should be a hoot.

EDIT: new album is great fun. This'll be a blast, definitely added to the list of ones to catch

Edited by Quark

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

That's my assumption. Saw them on WH the year he was a runner up in the ETC, great fun!

Update @gigpusher - latest album came out this year, called "Zone 6, Agege"

Dunno if you're on Deezer but it's here https://deezer.page.link/S9AQUWBEzgDns7Ww6

Excellent this is the one I thought it was. Some tracks added! 

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It is - but sadly we don't know what The Zongo Brigade did wrong to all get sacked.

Was there lots of the Zongo Brigade it might just be economics at work or that old chestnut 'musical differences'?

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Was there lots of the Zongo Brigade it might just be economics at work or that old chestnut 'musical differences'?

K.O.G. is yer creative driving force. He's part of the Zongo Brigade alongside other stuff (at least based on his Bandcamp bio) so I wouldn't read a huge amount into it tbh. Probably one he's done on his own. Zongo Brigade is described as an afro-fusion collective, so probably a shifting number of names rather than a fixed backing band or summat.

Edited by Quark

Just now, Quark said:

Saw them supporting First Aid Kit. What a gig that was.

I couldn't get to that particular tour but have seen both of them individually several times. 

I would also like to thank The Milk for turning up late at Leftfield which is why I found myself wandering into CN on that delightful afternoon to hear The Staves do a blinding set. Ended up watching them very early on The Other Stage as well I think that year. 

We will be watching First Aid Kit this year. As I have mentioned in another thread Mr Gigpusher tends to get obsessions with certain albums that last a long time and Ruins was one such album. 

4 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Wait, no Rhythm of the 90s?! This is always our Thursday night highlight every year 😞 

its not  good .... seeing them in Bristol on sat instead ... they were rumoured to be going to a bigger stage but have now sadly said they wont be there at all 😞 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

its not  good .... seeing them in Bristol on sat instead ... they were rumoured to be going to a bigger stage but have now sadly said they wont be there at all 😞 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO