Hospitality Tickets

donshakey

9 hours ago, 1989ed said:

Hi iv got a hospitality ticket for this year but can’t decide if we shud camp in the hospitality area or stick with the other normal areas , iv been told you can get shushed for been loud and having fun on a night etc , it’s also quite a walk from the south east corner end 

I camped in hospitality last year but wouldn’t again. Maybe pop in for a shower and a nice poo. 

10 hours ago, 1989ed said:

Hi iv got a hospitality ticket for this year but can’t decide if we shud camp in the hospitality area or stick with the other normal areas , iv been told you can get shushed for been loud and having fun on a night etc , it’s also quite a walk from the south east corner end 

It all depends of what you want to do. A long walk from the SE but good for Woodsies and that area. If you have a favourite spot on site then I’d go for that if you are in on time. Think you’ve to exchange your hospitality ticket for a wristband at a ticket exchange at the bronze gate, then head to gate A or wicket gate,  that might slow you up. Others might confirm that, this will be our first time as hospitality so not too sure. 

43 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It all depends of what you want to do. A long walk from the SE but good for Woodsies and that area. If you have a favourite spot on site then I’d go for that if you are in on time. Think you’ve to exchange your hospitality ticket for a wristband at a ticket exchange at the bronze gate, then head to gate A or wicket gate,  that might slow you up. Others might confirm that, this will be our first time as hospitality so not too sure. 

I found it super quick the year I went hospitality, we did wicket

Edited by Lucy92
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1989ed said:

I’ve heard the hospitality camping is overrated, and the orgies get a bit boring after the first few nights😉😊😉

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 11:53 AM, incident said:

It's complicated because it'd be near impossible to account for all of the different variations - the BBC having their own area with its own access restrictions for example, or some of the on-site accommodation have their own access that may come with some perks, or the various off-site stuff independent of GFL.

But yes, in terms of GFL-issued Hospitality wristbands there's fundamentally one type*, with one level of access with most of the benefits hosted in Interstage and the Hospitality campsite with no further segmenting (plus the car park, if you want to count that as a benefit). No H wristband that I've ever heard of gets you into "true" backstage (let alone "onstage").

Of course partners of the Festival will often issue their own accreditation, in addition to the festival wristbands, to get into their own compounds (which can vary wildly between being a pseudo-hospitality setup in some cases, or just a sterile work environment). So that can be sold as "extras" - but to me that doesn't sound like what they're pitching here.

* technically there's two types if you count the H fabric wristband and the H paper upgrade wristband combined with another festival entry band (usually public) as separate types - but ultimately they each amount to the same level of access.

There were actually two GFL-issued fabric Hospitality wristbands that allowed festival access in 2022 and 2023, the standard Hospitality wristband and a second one that also allowed access to Winnie's Wood.