The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

It's going to be a great festival...

798381502_Screenshot2023-01-23114512.jpg.a3af58dcdc083f8cbce897fb4572256d.jpg

Slight sprinkle early hours of Thursday to keep the dust down. 

(If only this was true huh?) 

Stick.

Imagine if that was the average of what the weather's actually been over the last few years - not sure why we'd talk about it so much!

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I'm trying to remember what time of year I get invested in this thread. Not for a couple of months yet I don't think. 

It’s April onwards for me. Not the bollocks in those long range forecasts but the amount of rain in the months leading up to the festival. That affects the ground conditions, water table and the possible damage to the site caused by the build. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

He’s not a fan of the heat . Big part of the weather thread was fuzzys pain last time 

i don't cope well with heat but found last glasto ok, possibly cos i didn't walk anywhere. 🙂 

57 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s rare to see snow here so I got to try my walking shoes out on the walk to work today and my feet remained dry … pretty quickly it’s thawing though 

2EDD6D15-61B7-48E7-B559-EF9A71F46E26.jpeg

Cold up here but lovely clear blue skies, ideal weather for a bit of hill walking and trying out new boots. snow expected end of the week. 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cold up here but lovely clear blue skies, ideal weather for a bit of hill walking and trying out new boots. snow expected end of the week. 

Give me those beautiful views … maybe not the extreme weather though … although the Somerset hllls of the quantocks and blackdowns aren’t bad If you ever get homesick on any Somerset visits 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Give me those beautiful views … maybe not the extreme weather though … although the Somerset hllls of the quantocks and blackdowns aren’t bad If you ever get homesick on any Somerset visits 

Just took this from our garden, was up the top of the hills this morning. Bloody freezing but exhilarating 

D2CCA215-DB87-456D-BD7F-7B34539030A2.thumb.jpeg.9f3b00e1a8a5a3a9c9f39784074bca9b.jpeg