The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

4 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Well I'm working on my tan today! 🌞 

Bit of light rain up here but I’m totally willing to put up with this if Somerset and the south get some lovely dry weather😊.  So you have the sun tan lotion, I’ve got the waterproofs on! The forecast is looking ideal for the build. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Bit of light rain up here but I’m totally willing to put up with this if Somerset and the south get some lovely dry weather😊.  So you have the sun tan lotion, I’ve got the waterproofs on! The forecast is looking ideal for the build. 

We've got it covered 👊🏼

6 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

I know this gets asked all the time but when does the prediction become more accurate? 

Literally the day before we go, and even then it can be changeable still for the Saturday and Sunday. That's exactly why this is the most pointless thread ever 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Literally the day before we go, and even then it can be changeable still for the Saturday and Sunday. That's exactly why this is the most pointless thread ever 🤣🤣

Ah don't! I found a hole in my sons tent! Bloody annoying 

6 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

I know this gets asked all the time but when does the prediction become more accurate? 

About 10-14 days before can give a decent view of what sort of weather system is likely (i.e. can tell us if it’s going to be a scorcher or complete washout) - precise details from a few days before if settled up to not at all if unsettled 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Clouds said:

About 10-14 days before can give a decent view of what sort of weather system is likely (i.e. can tell us if it’s going to be a scorcher or complete washout) - precise details from a few days before if settled up to not at all if unsettled 

And there we have it. From the horse's mouth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The date draws ever closer and Monday’s run of the ECMWF is out. As per previous runs, the week of the festival is still expected to be warmer than average:

IMG_4054.thumb.jpeg.471dcffa1bb8945c0ee64c2b376bb3f5.jpeg

But unlike previous runs, it now predicts a wetter than average festival week over central and southern England:

IMG_4053.thumb.jpeg.8220b32414de04dafd35db23147435e7.jpeg

All very speculative of course, and probably…TOO EARLY!!