The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Sounds like warm, muggy and potentially stormy if that's anything to go by. Still miles out. No chance of any sort of accuracy at the moment for the weather on a given day.

Aye, "a chance of rain" . Not exactly news worthy weather at this point! 

Ive had a few extremes of weather at Glasto. 

2005 - started off glorious before the biblical storm on the Friday morning as I crawled into my tent at 6am. Got a phone call of my brother to check I was ok after watching the news. Seem to remember rest of the festival was muddy but drier weather

2007 - GRIM...Non stop rain and mud from start to finish. Looking back music wise one of the best but with Glasto and a couple of other washouts I didn't go to any festivals in 2008. The one year Glasto didnt sell out..

2010- HOT!! But I was pretty much spangled for it all. I do remember a single drop of rain on my arm as we got back to the car

2016 - took us 10 hours to get from Manc on the coach. 2 people in our group who were Glasto virgins (and had bad backs) brought more stuff with them than anyone ever despite being told of the long walk. This resulted in a walk through thick mud to the furthest corners with extra baggage to find a campsite and groin strain...totally ruined that Glasto for me but was my other half's first and to see how much he loved it made up for it (almost).

2017- hot but not too bad by the time we arrived 

2019 - unbearable heat. Other half got sunstroke and I remember saying Id rather have mud and rain. Bearable by Sunday

2022- Wednesday and Thursday again unbearable with the heat.  Friday to Sunday perfect

Plenty of in-between years that were a mixed bag that I can't remember. Those first 2 were by far the worst

Anyone else feeling nervous the longer this dry spell goes on for? It's been a soaking wet year up to now, and this sunny period has to break soon 😞 (I know this means nothing at all and anything can happen).

51 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Anyone else feeling nervous the longer this dry spell goes on for? It's been a soaking wet year up to now, and this sunny period has to break soon 😞 (I know this means nothing at all and anything can happen).

Yep, I'm with you. Need rain now rather than this good weather. Short term pain for long term gain