The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

I always wear a straw cowboy hat. In the heat it’s great. Keeps the sun off the back of your neck and let’s cool air flow over the top of your head. I swear by them now. I just buy one there. I look like a n0b but it’s saved me from the sun so many times when my mates have been wilting. Also a rechargeable fan with a mister is amazing. Trips to ice cream vans for ice lollies a life saver too, really brings down your core temperature which is essential. 

8E023AEE-539B-404E-8A27-9F34AED7A998.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

I always wear a straw cowboy hat. In the heat it’s great. Keeps the sun off the back of your neck and let’s cool air flow over the top of your head. I swear by them now. I just buy one there. I look like a n0b but it’s saved me from the sun so many times when my mates have been wilting. Also a rechargeable fan with a mister is amazing. Trips to ice cream vans for ice lollies a life saver too, really brings down your core temperature which is essential. 

8E023AEE-539B-404E-8A27-9F34AED7A998.jpeg

Look at his lovely smiling face!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Current GFS run isn't even funny. It's cancel the last two days of the festival territory.

No it's not... 10ml over the space of 3 hours early hours of Sunday morning... So Moderate showers early hours when we're all asleep is the worst it throws up... 

Light showers Friday and Saturday... 

Hardly cancel territory haha. 

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

No it's not... 10ml over the space of 3 hours early hours of Sunday morning... So Moderate showers early hours when we're all asleep is the worst it throws up... 

Folk like winding other people up sadly, it's kinda cruel. Ensembles will be out in an hour and confirm this is an outlier.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Oh my gawd ME TOO. I assume you’re going to Glastonbury given you’re on this thread. Nice to know I’m not the only crazy one!!! 

Unless we win tickets 😫 we had coach and had to make a pretty devastating decision that we needed the car incase I went into early labour. Couldn’t swap them so had to give them up. Most heartbreaking decision (most people will know how much it would have KILLED me!!!) 

9 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

All asleep? Speak for yourself!

11 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Folk like winding other people up sadly, it's kinda cruel. Ensembles will be out in an hour and confirm this is an outlier.

Very few people are being "a Nal". We're just looking each individual GFS run. And if you think that Saturday day, evening and overnight would be fun then you've got a different idea of fun!

1 minute ago, stopwn1981 said:

Same every year, show an ounce of concern and you’re poundshop Nal. Must mean the default human condition is misplaced positivity - who knew 

I think it’s for the ones who only pop up when there’s a bad run, then disappear when it’s looking good. It’s too early to worry or rejoice, chill. 

• Like 1