The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Looks to me like 40-50mm on both runs between now and gates open. 

Nothing horrendous... But we are seeing agreement between runs now. 

WTF?!

Thats a total mudbath lads. Topped up with rain Wednesday and Thursday.

Just to keep the mud up.

Absolutely horrendous forecasts.

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

WTF?!

Thats a total mudbath lads. Topped up with rain Wednesday and Thursday.

Just to keep the mud up.

Absolutely horrendous forecasts.

You realise it’s MM not CM right? 

We had 16-32mm PER HOUR falling here for 2-3 hours yesterday, fields are still bone dry and cracked (feel like a stuck record 🙈😂)

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Disagree completely. There's 10 hours of daytime drying in both runs after the rain with temperatures high enough to remove the rain that has accumulated. 

The effect off ALL the rain in one go would be far worse. 

Would it though? The ground is very dry and the drainage on site has built up quite a lot of capacity over the years of infrastructure improvement.  In 2014 we had a torrential thunderstorm and the only place that was muddy a few hours later was the markets between Other and Silver Hayes.  Lots of water flowing in the ditches where tents used to float years before.

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Would it though? The ground is very dry and the drainage on site has built up quite a lot of capacity over the years of infrastructure improvement.  In 2014 we had a torrential thunderstorm and the only place that was muddy a few hours later was the markets between Other and Silver Hayes.  Lots of water flowing in the ditches where tents used to float years before.

Yes

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

This video though ..... quick reminder it will be nothing like this 

Nightmares!!

I've just always wanted to know...what did these people do next? Did they go home or did they pitch up somewhere else and let everything dry out? Or did the Eavii offer up accommodation in the cow shed? Anyone know?

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Indeed, the bottom of Pennard Hill where so many tent were floating is now a great big ditch that flows all the water off site.

I was just up the hill from that. Walked to the bottom of Pennards and saw the devastation. Crowds of people looking on in disbelief. It was the most freakish weather I’ve ever seen in my life in the uk. 

5 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Nightmares!!

I've just always wanted to know...what did these people do next? Did they go home or did they pitch up somewhere else and let everything dry out? Or did the Eavii offer up accommodation in the cow shed? Anyone know?

bit of both id imagine .... some would have used welfare although id personally have given up i think if i lost everything 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

There's no way a guy actually has 30k posts on here just to say the weather is going to be bad. No one can find that funny surely to f**k.. someone help me out here. 

its a classic video ..... ? with the comment it will be nothing like this 

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Nightmares!!

I know some stayed, but yes some left. I was on the railway track looking at the flooded tents, with loads of others, when someone waded, then swam out in the middle. He dove under the water and disappeared, a moment passed. Then out of the water a crate of beer appeared raised on the hands of said chap. A massive cheer went up. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

I know some stayed, but yes some left. I was on the railway track looking at the flooded tents, with loads of others, when someone waded, then swam out in the middle. He dove under the water and disappeared, a moment passed. Then out of the water a crate of beer appeared raised on the hands of said chap. A massive cheer went up. 

I was there for that!!!! That’s what I call the Glastonbury spirit!