The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

It rained overnight on siteΒ 

We’ve been blessed the past few glastos, as much as I’d love the weather to be in the mid 20s, no clouds, pure sun. I refuse to let the thought of rain on site dampen my spirits. If we get another 2016 I’ll be gutted, but if the forecasts are showing a bit of rain over the weekend I’ll take itΒ 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

So I learned not too long ago that the delightful smell you get when it rains after being boiling hot (I assume from the rain hitting the hot floor but who knows) is called Pretichor.

And it's both my favourite word and smell. But for Glastonbury purposes I hope we don't encounter it.

Yes. Petrichor is my favourite word as well, I thought it was just me.

• Like 1

Sounds like some other models are starting to agree with GFS for some kind of breakdown of the settled weather next weekend into glasto week.. but it’s very much on a knife edge and some people on NetWeather think it might not actually materialise, could just be hot and dry the whole time.. I’m pinning my hopes on that scenario πŸ˜‚

It’s still too early too tell with any certainty..Β 

The levels of rain being predicted at the moment are almost insignificant. The kind of rain you don’t even notice when you’re enjoying yourself.Β 
As you can see from these photos from 2013 of me and Mrs D, it’s still very possible to be very very happy when it’s raining or cloudy. We didn’t give a sh!t.Β 
Β 

Edit - I totally agree loads of mud is a different story, that’s definitely a downer. But I’m willing to bet my cowboy hat that won’t be an issue this year.Β 

E2F038FB-CBC7-476E-B49C-C31769DE61DA.jpeg

15799397-09E6-4ABA-865F-B6EEA433456B.jpeg

Edited by Duggyfresh44
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

The levels of rain being predicted at the moment are almost insignificant. The kind of rain you don’t even notice when you’re enjoying yourself.Β 
As you can see from these photos from 2013 of me and Mrs D, it’s still very possible to be very very happy when it’s raining or cloudy. We didn’t give a sh!t.Β 
Β 

Edit - I totally agree loads of mud is a different story, that’s definitely a downer. But I’m willing to bet my cowboy hat that won’t be an issue this year.Β 

im with you pal, i cant see it being muddy this year which is the main concern for me

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nick Sneddon said:

im with you pal, i cant see it being muddy this year which is the main concern for me

Yup. International contingent here, flying in on Friday and my wellies are nowhere near my suitcase right now.Β 

54 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Β 

Great pics!Β 

I agree too. My first Glastonbury was 2014. I remember coming home saying how good the weather had been (compared to some absolute sh*t show dance festivals i'd been to in previous years).

A bit of rain and mud 'aint no thing.Β 

8 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Great pics!Β 

I agree too. My first Glastonbury was 2014. I remember coming home saying how good the weather had been (compared to some absolute sh*t show dance festivals i'd been to in previous years).

A bit of rain and mud 'aint no thing.Β 

Thanks mate! The second one at the Pyramid was taken a couple of hours after this happened…..as you can see wellies were on and there was some very slight mud. This was by Arcadia when it was right next to the Other Stage.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nick Sneddon said:

My (completely unscientific) hunch is that we'll have mud at some point, maybe as a result of one or two nasty showers or something, but it won't be a mud year as such.Β 

Got some bad news to share with you all. My wife is going for the first time.Β 
Β 

Why is this bad? Well every holiday or trip we’ve had together it’s absolutely f**ked it down with rain.Β 
Β 

Spain 3 times. Washouts. South of France for our honeymoon, washout. South of France again for a second attempt. Washout. Lake District, washout. Edinburgh, washout. Any holiday we take from work and just do a stay at home. Washout.Β 
Β 

Every time I’ve done Glasto on my own or with a mate it’s been glorious sunshine.Β 
Β 

This time it’s me and her going together. We’re all f**ked. Sorry.Β 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2