The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

I have a second pile of camping gear incase it does rain. I'm ok with it raining a bit before the festival to soften the ground up. And I don't mind a little bit of rain during the festival (selfishly, it helps with my hay fever). Have my fingers crossed for good weather over the five days but am preparing for however it turns out. 

Right now MetCheck has perfect conditions for the majority.

No oppressive sun for those who hate being too hot. 

Pretty much dry all the way through for those who hate rain but with the lightest of drizzle to keep the dust haters happy. 

It’s not cold so shorts and t-shirt all the way through and best of all will be able to stay in my trainers all week. 

I know someone will find fault though 😝

IMG_1688.thumb.jpeg.be33a787d71ae34c743391a4dac789fe.jpeg

Yep definitely an upgrade on the GFS midnight run with high pressure clinging on up until Glasto Tuesday. The 1800 looked a little ugly last night

Midnight Run (Glasto Monday)

Screenshot_20230604-091154.thumb.png.df7800cd69d10c23ae6a5358db468b8e.png

Last night's 6pm run (glasto Monday)

Screenshot_20230604-091108.thumb.png.0c4a4ec4b0d65ec0aae2c5c35dab80ba.png

All to play for 🙏

Edited by Jackomanaco

17 minutes ago, sime said:

I have a second pile of camping gear incase it does rain. I'm ok with it raining a bit before the festival to soften the ground up. And I don't mind a little bit of rain during the festival (selfishly, it helps with my hay fever). Have my fingers crossed for good weather over the five days but am preparing for however it turns out. 

Antihistamine. 🤨

5 minutes ago, Jackomanaco said:

Yep definitely an upgrade on the GFS midnight run with high pressure clinging on up until Glasto Tuesday. The 1800 looked a little ugly last night

All to play for 🙏

Can I have this in easy read please.

The latest GFS run is showing that the drier weather is holding on a bit more with precipitation more likely for north west of the uk coming in to Monday.

The next few runs will be interesting but still some big variability being so far out.

Give us that finger

Edited by Jackomanaco

17 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Antihistamine. 🤨

I use Beconase etc. But even with those, I still suffer in very sunny weather. So for me, the odd shower gives some extra relief. 

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Pretty much dry all the way through for those who hate rain but with the lightest of drizzle to keep the dust haters happy. 

It’s not cold so shorts and t-shirt all the way through and best of all will be able to stay in my trainers all week. 

Max 16 degrees? Grow up.

33 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Metcheck is the worst and most unreliable weather site though 😑 

39 minutes ago, Jackomanaco said:

All to play for 🙏

GFS model always seem to put you in/around low pressure this far out. It’s so unreliable at this point. Doesn’t stop me looking tho 😂

Best sticking with the new daily ECMWF extended charts as they are a tad more reliable, albeit they currently have the whole UK wet for that week so bit of a kick in the balls. Too early yet tho.

Edited by PolygonWindow

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

That is my perfect Glastonbury weather

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Beeb have updated.

Its time to panic folks. This is sh*t.

https://www.bbc.com/weather/outlook

Summary

Becoming wetter around mid June

From mid June onwards high pressure should drift away, allowing low pressure systems to bring outbreaks of rain and a risk of thunderstorms This will mainly be in the southern and western UK

As an employee of said organisation, I would never recommend anybody pay any attention to our absolutely poppycock weather ‘forecasting’

2 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Does anyone remember drizzle during the festival last year? I don’t and I could swear my cagoule was only used to sit on but I was watching some vids and people had rain gear on. 

My thought is that unless it shits down during the festival, we won’t notice/remember anyway. 

Definitely rained on the Friday afternoon