Football 2022/23

charlierc

40 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tbf I think Gerrard's achievements at Rangers were decent but I felt that made him more qualified for a Championship role than a Premier League one. Even then, however, Emery's work has been outstanding. I felt a good season at the point when they switched was midtable, yet they are a genuine challenger for Europe and might even still be a stronger name in top 4 contention if we still had 10+ games to go.

Wolves with Lopetegui also look better, if perhaps a bit more inconsistent (and punished by referees if some of his more conspiratorial comments are to be believed). Does all make next season quite interesting as well to see if these two tribes can make it work.

His record with Rangers was decent , but if it had been Mark Warbuton who had won the league with them, we all know he wouldn’t have got the Villa job.

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

His record with Rangers was decent , but if it had been Mark Warbuton who had won the league with them, we all know he wouldn’t have got the Villa job.

Lampard going from Derby to Chelsea was a much bigger jump. 

18 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Arsenal blowing the title SHOULD be funny if it happens, but it being Man City who would pip them to it just ruins it.

Will be gutted for Arsenal if they do lose it but this is what City do, they're horrible to be up against in a title race as they're absolutely relentless. Think they might end up winning it by something like 5 point after all of this.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Will be gutted for Arsenal if they do lose it but this is what City do, they're horrible to be up against in a title race as they're absolutely relentless. Think they might end up winning it by something like 5 point after all of this.

if city win it won't be because city are great it'll be because arsenal gifted them!.

Saliba is a massive miss for Arsenal, they will be okay when he returns. Just proves how light they are in there squad.

How good is Pep at using Haaland? Not over playing him, bringing him off when games are won. Not risking injuries, no other team can do it I understand. But Pep playing a blinder with Haaland. 

21 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Arsenal are probably 5th biggest wage budget so to come 2nd is a good achievement. Man City have a better squad which really tells in the run in, that’s because they have spent a lot more money.

Will you be going on about Wrexham's money when they win the league.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

Will you be going on about Wrexham's money when they win the league.

Unfortunately as a Wrexham fan I’m naturally pessimistic, 6 points in 3 games is definitely “if” and not “when” territory. We have a record of messing up the play offs so would have no confidence if we don’t get the job done.

I’m not blind to the fact we are where we are in the league because of money. The fact we haven’t won the league on a points total that would win every season shows there are still no guarantees.

Libpool saving all their goals up for the odd game again. 39% of their PL goals have come from 3 games.

Not a hope of Champions League now, I'm hoping they just go nuts and give us some fun moments like the last time we turned shit. Another Alison winner would be good for a laugh.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Libpool saving all their goals up for the odd game again. 39% of their PL goals have come from 3 games.

Not a hope of Champions League now, I'm hoping they just go nuts and give us some fun moments like the last time we turned shit. Another Alison winner would be good for a laugh.

Europa Confrence league 😅

11 hours ago, Neil said:

Good win for Aldershot tonight keeping them safe from going down 

Bringing in Tommy Widdrington as manager (under some decidedly dodgy circumstances) seems to have worked in our favour. Lots of people have said expect Brexit football from him but if he can make us somewhat hard to beat, that’s a big improvement.