2023 Stage Predictions

9 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What’s the thinking with Pulp? Saw that tweet regarding them potentially playing a few days ago, but might have at been somebody teasing.

I'm not convinced that if you are playing the festival then as a member of the band you would Tweet referencing it. 

I'd actually say that tweet is a negative rather than positive if anything, sadly

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What’s the thinking with Pulp? Saw that tweet regarding them potentially playing a few days ago, but might have at been somebody teasing.

Nick Banks replied to someone asking him about Glastonbury by simply saying "Somewhere, In a field in Somerset"

It would be a bit of a tease if they aren't gonna play, it seems unthinkable that they wouldn't be on the bill somewhere, but who knows. I'm praying they get added, as apart from AM & Reg, i'm not feeling the line up at all this year so far.

13 minutes ago, homesick said:

I'm not convinced that if you are playing the festival then as a member of the band you would Tweet referencing it. 

I'd actually say that tweet is a negative rather than positive if anything, sadly

People do It all the time 

Just now, Franco Baresi said:

Oh, bugger.

I mean that's just my opinion, I'm not in the know or anything

I just think the combination of:

• almost all of the big slots being known
  • there being less huge bands on smaller stages as 'secret sets' nowadays
  • that tweet

all makes it less likely. Only way I can see it is if it's on the Pyramid during the middle of the day as a TBA, but it's unlikely I think 

I can however see then as 2024 headliners. Yes they'd be the smallest in recent years but if they're alongside two female megastar headliners (as seems likely), I think it is very possible. If you had, for example, Madonna/Dua Lipa/Pulp, I don't think anyone is criticising that as weak. Plus Pulp would be one of the cheapest headliner bookings they could make 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, homesick said:

Do they do it this far out from the festival when they'd be playing a secret set? I can't remember any whisper of Killers/Foals/Jack White etc 

The precept that they'd have to be a secret set if they were playing any lower than Pyramid Sub / Other headliner seems shaky at best.

As does the assumption that the band would consider it important to keep the secret.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

Nick Banks replied to someone asking him about Glastonbury by simply saying "Somewhere, In a field in Somerset"

It would be a bit of a tease if they aren't gonna play, it seems unthinkable that they wouldn't be on the bill somewhere, but who knows. I'm praying they get added, as apart from AM & Reg, i'm not feeling the line up at all this year so far.

It's a lyric from there song " Sorted for Ez and wizz" which is a song about festival life.  I think its Hampshire in the actual lyrics he switched it out.

The video for the song is then performing at Glastonbury 95.  I would call it a cryptic self confirmation 

29 minutes ago, homesick said:

Do they do it this far out from the festival when they'd be playing a secret set? I can't remember any whisper of Killers/Foals/Jack White etc 

Im sure they’d be more than aware they’re playing by now.  We shall see I guess 

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wonder if Stereophonics are in line for a secret set, I heard on a podcast that Richard (basisst) is playing with Far From Saints, so yhr two original members on site already

I’d say the front runners have got to be Pulp, The 1976, Florence and the Machine and Foo Fighters 

On 3/15/2023 at 12:00 PM, wro_lap said:

Here's an updated effort with our current info. Bold acts are confirmed, italics are acts we have some form of other confrimation for. Everything else is a guess (largely) based on touring.

Py: Arctic Monkeys, Royal Blood, Carly Rae Jepsen, Paolo Nutini, Gregory Porter, Texas
Other: Wizkid, Fred Again.., Becky Hill, Chvrches, Slowthai, Holly Humberstone, Confidence Man, Suede
WH: Kelis, Young Fathers, Joey Bada$$, Gabriels, Louis Cole, ADG7, Yaya Bey, Deloitte Feminine Band
Woodsies: Hot Chip, Warpaint, Rina Sawayama, Baby Queen, FLO, Shygirl, The Reytons, Nell Mescal
Park: Manic Street Preachers, MUNA, Bleachers, Gwenno, Ethel Cain, Alex G, Joesef, Los Bitchos

Py: Guns N Roses, Lizzo, Lewis Capaldi, Wet Leg, The Chicks, Thundercat, The Lightning Seeds
Other: Lana Del Rey, Rosalia, Tom Grennan, Aitch, Dermot Kennedy, Pale Waves, Spoon, Black Honey
WH: Loyle Carner, Mahalia, Ezra Collective, Jacob Collier, Third World, Speakers Corner Quarter, Kanda Bongo Man, Say She She
Woodsies: Alt-J, The Lathums, Yard Act, Cat Burns, Maisie Peters, Dylan, Far From Saints, The Scribes
Park: Fever Ray, Stefflon Don, Japanese Breakfast, TBA (The Black Keys), Tinariwen, The Beths, Billy NoMates, Richard Dawson

arcadia

Py: Elton John, Lil Nas X, Blondie, Yusuf/Cat Stevens, Jack Johnson, Mimi Webb, RAYE, Local Band
Other: Queens of the Stone Age, The War On Drugs, Central Cee, Maneskin, Phoenix, Lovejoy, Shame, CMAT
WH: Rudimental, Candi Staton, Barrington Levy, The Hu, Sudan Archives, Black Country New Road, Beth Orton, Skinny Pelembe
Woodsies: Christine and the Queens, Maggie Rogers, Angel Olsen, Weyes Blood, TBA (Florence + The Machine), Nova Twins, Jockstrap, Brooke Combe
Park: Sparks, Gang of Youths, The Comet is Coming, Alvvays, Alison Goldfrapp, Amadou & Miriam, Wunderhorse, Hamish Hawk

No way is carly a 3rd down pyramid

21 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wonder if Stereophonics are in line for a secret set, I heard on a podcast that Richard (basisst) is playing with Far From Saints, so yhr two original members on site already

Main band aren't doing shows this year i thought? seems unlikely

On 3/15/2023 at 12:00 PM, wro_lap said:

Here's an updated effort with our current info. Bold acts are confirmed, italics are acts we have some form of other confrimation for. Everything else is a guess (largely) based on touring.

Py: Arctic Monkeys, Royal Blood, Carly Rae Jepsen, Paolo Nutini, Gregory Porter, Texas
Other: Wizkid, Fred Again.., Becky Hill, Chvrches, Slowthai, Holly Humberstone, Confidence Man, Suede
WH: Kelis, Young Fathers, Joey Bada$$, Gabriels, Louis Cole, ADG7, Yaya Bey, Deloitte Feminine Band
Woodsies: Hot Chip, Warpaint, Rina Sawayama, Baby Queen, FLO, Shygirl, The Reytons, Nell Mescal
Park: Manic Street Preachers, MUNA, Bleachers, Gwenno, Ethel Cain, Alex G, Joesef, Los Bitchos

Py: Guns N Roses, Lizzo, Lewis Capaldi, Wet Leg, The Chicks, Thundercat, The Lightning Seeds
Other: Lana Del Rey, Rosalia, Tom Grennan, Aitch, Dermot Kennedy, Pale Waves, Spoon, Black Honey
WH: Loyle Carner, Mahalia, Ezra Collective, Jacob Collier, Third World, Speakers Corner Quarter, Kanda Bongo Man, Say She She
Woodsies: Alt-J, The Lathums, Yard Act, Cat Burns, Maisie Peters, Dylan, Far From Saints, The Scribes
Park: Fever Ray, Stefflon Don, Japanese Breakfast, TBA (The Black Keys), Tinariwen, The Beths, Billy NoMates, Richard Dawson

Py: Elton John, Lil Nas X, Blondie, Yusuf/Cat Stevens, Jack Johnson, Mimi Webb, RAYE, Local Band
Other: Queens of the Stone Age, The War On Drugs, Central Cee, Maneskin, Phoenix, Lovejoy, Shame, CMAT
WH: Rudimental, Candi Staton, Barrington Levy, The Hu, Sudan Archives, Black Country New Road, Beth Orton, Skinny Pelembe
Woodsies: Christine and the Queens, Maggie Rogers, Angel Olsen, Weyes Blood, TBA (Florence + The Machine), Nova Twins, Jockstrap, Brooke Combe
Park: Sparks, Gang of Youths, The Comet is Coming, Alvvays, Alison Goldfrapp, Amadou & Miriam, Wunderhorse, Hamish Hawk

Great work on this. I thought Christine & the Queens was going to be Sat night headline at Woodsies - there’s a poster of dates from Christine with Glastonbury listed as Sat. I’m hoping it’s not a Sunday clash with Elton. Or do you think it’s definitely Alt-J on Sat night?

5 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Great work on this. I thought Christine & the Queens was going to be Sat night headline at Woodsies - there’s a poster of dates from Christine with Glastonbury listed as Sat. I’m hoping it’s not a Sunday clash with Elton. Or do you think it’s definitely Alt-J on Sat night?

There's conflicting info on CATQ - their website says Sunday and the poster says Saturday so at the minute it's a bit up in the air. I'm thinking it's more likely to be Sunday, given Lana headlines Other Saturday night and there's maybe more of a crossover appeal between those two rather than CATQ / Elton?

Edited by JRhys29

3 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Not much of this is definite, just best guesses.  I've been asking the same thing re Christine, his website says Sunday and poster says Saturday.  Something else I thought of though, CATQ closed out the festival in 2019, maybe fancies a Saturday night this time so he can get down the SE corner and enjoy some of the festival?