2023 Stage Predictions

On 9/7/2022 at 4:11 AM, henry bear said:

Why the ridiculous insinuation? If Rosalia isn't headlining the Other Stage (or any other major stage) it isn't because of her language, it's because she isn't known very well here. I don't think she's had any hits in the UK. 

Going to have to replace "has your mum heard of..." with "have you heard of..." 

3 hours ago, Daimo said:

Just saw them at Riot Fest and they were incredible, there’s no way they are opening the pyramid stage, I’d say Other Headliners or 2nd down pyramid

Not even close - recently subbed LCD at a pretty stacked (imo) APE day. Headline JP/Park or sub WH i think. can't see them on other or pyramid really

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Doubt they’re quite Other headliners these days. JP headliner is the dream placing.

Yeah, JP headliners would be great. They were early evening Other last time they played and I don't think they are bigger than they were then. Haven't seen them in ages, so in a tent would be fantastic! (ticket willing of course)

Tweaked mine due to recent developments. Interested to hear what people think.

Friday

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // Doja Cat // Royal Blood // The Specials // Central Cee 

Other Stage: The Prodigy // Rex Orange County // Rosalia // Pheonix

West Holts: Kano // Kali Uchis

John Peel: London Grammar // The Wombats // Cage The Elephant

Park: PJ Harvey // The Big Moon

Saturday 

Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Pulp // BLACKPINK // Michael Kiwanuka // Maggie Rogers

Other Stage: Queens of the Stone Age // Jorja Smith // Camila Cabello // Father John Misty

West Holts: Chase & Status // Thundercat

John Peel: Yeah Yeah Yeah’s // Dermott Kennedy // Pink Pantheress

Park: Fred Again // Danny Brown

Sunday

Pyramid: Elton John // Lizzo // Lewis Capaldi // Roxy Music // Wet Leg

Other Stage: Halsey // Courteeners // Robyn // Slowthai

West Holts: FKA TWIGS // Kelis

John Peel: Aitch // Fleet Foxes // Rina Sawayama

Park: Sigur Ros // Orville Peck

246397A0-470C-4F9D-8DBE-354D8E8267DE.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // Doja Cat // Royal Blood // The Specials // Central Cee 

Saturday 

Other Stage: Queens of the Stone Age // Jorja Smith // Camila Cabello // Father John Misty

Sunday

Please don't let arctics and prodigy clash. There's no way I could cope!

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Saturday 

Sunday

Rosalia and Camila Cabello 3rd down other seem quite low. I doubt Cabello would get booked now (she's not done anything major for a few years i swear??) and Rosalia gets big slots. Bit confused where your putting Orbital as well ?

Also bit of a nitpick but what is with the big name selection - roxy on second line despite being the legend and having 3 subs then 1 third, but not the other 2 !

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

Rosalia and Camila Cabello 3rd down other seem quite low. I doubt Cabello would get booked now (she's not done anything major for a few years i swear??) and Rosalia gets big slots.

Camila released an album this year and had a few hit singles from it. Reckon second/third down Other or fourth/fifth down Pyramid where she seemingly was supposed to be in ‘20 would be right for her. 

Rosalia is a tough one as she’s obviously massive in certain places but not so much here. I reckon WH headliner would be good for her personally. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Also bit of a nitpick but what is with the big name selection - roxy on second line despite being the legend and having 3 subs then 1 third, but not the other 2 !

Tbh I modelled it off the 2019 poster where certain acts (Janet) were billed in headline positions (despite being third down etc). I don’t think Roxy Music, despite being the tea time slot, will be wedged in with other names rather than a top 4 on the poster. They are nowhere near as big as Diana or Kylie.

Also I imagine that Pulp, Doja, Lizzo, and BLACKPINK would be worthy of a top line if they were playing. All massive bookings and putting them up the top makes things look very balanced.

@Matt42 Do you still think Lewis Capaldi will play if he’s supposedly playing Wembley? He seems a bit big for anything other than headlining if so. 

I know you disagree but I reckon Royal Blood seem near enough nailed on for Friday sub. They’re not much bigger than they were in 2017 but given Glastonbury seem to be trying to book relatively similar subs for acts over the last few years, Royal Blood into Arctic Monkeys makes so much sense.

Good lineup though, strong headliners every night for me, particularly the awful Taylor Swift/QOTSA/YYYs one on Saturday night.

One act I was thinking about the other day is Christine and the Queens. I noticed his album was delayed but this album seems to have had a really muted build up, certainly compared to the first two albums. If he plays next year then maybe a bit of a drop down from Other headliner, which admittedly was a bump up anyway.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Rosalia and Camila Cabello 3rd down other seem quite low. I doubt Cabello would get booked now (she's not done anything major for a few years i swear??) and Rosalia gets big slots. Bit confused where your putting Orbital as well ?

Camila hasn’t had a hit here for a while and she’s not really considered a large and prominent popstar. If Olivia with her 3 UK #1s and her high selling album can do third down other stage, Camila deffo can.

Rosalia is nowhere near as big as both of them in the UK, but I see it as a bit of a Kacey booking.

Positions on the other stage can be quite hard to predict and we often see some acts slightly underbilled. Glass Animals 4th down other when they were comfortably subbing other festivals (including subbing the second stage at R&L) as an example. Don’t think it’s beyond Camila or Rosalia at all tbh.

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

@Matt42 Do you still think Lewis Capaldi will play if he’s supposedly playing Wembley? He seems a bit big for anything other than headlining if so. 

I know you disagree but I reckon Royal Blood seem near enough nailed on for Friday sub. They’re not much bigger than they were in 2017 but given Glastonbury seem to be trying to book relatively similar subs for acts over the last few years, Royal Blood into Arctic Monkeys makes so much sense.

Good lineup though, strong headliners every night for me, particularly the awful Taylor Swift/QOTSA/YYYs one on Saturday night.

One act I was thinking about the other day is Christine and the Queens. I noticed his album was delayed but this album seems to have had a really muted build up, certainly compared to the first two albums. If he plays next year then maybe a bit of a drop down from Other headliner, which admittedly was a bump up anyway.

Bullet point responses but good q’s

- Tbh I think Royal Blood would struggle to be a pyramid sub tbh. I think the subs Glasto have had in the past few years tend to be a bit bigger than RB. Vampire Weekend is up for debate. They are probably the smallest sub we’ve had in the past few years, but they comfortably take big slots / headline slots at major festivals across the world. So it’s a slot they have experience taking/management would probably demand.

- I’m not too sure about Lewis Capaldi and Wembley tbh. Will wait until the dates come. I’m more inclined to rule him out if they get announced, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if he turned up anyway. I put him in there because I felt like the lineup was missing a bit of a solo boy singer songwriter.

- Christine I had down as 4th down pyramid but swapped out for acts I thought were more likely. Can’t see them getting much above that. I don’t really follow their music at all though.

Edited by Matt42

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Camila hasn’t had a hit here for a while and she’s not really considered a large and prominent popstar. If Olivia with her 3 UK #1s and her high selling album can do third down other stage, Camila deffo can.

Rosalia is nowhere near as big as both of them in the UK, but I see it as a bit of a Kacey booking.

Positions on the other stage can be quite hard to predict and we often see some acts slightly underbilled. Glass Animals 4th down other when they were comfortably subbing other festivals (including subbing the second stage at R&L) as an example. Don’t think it’s beyond Camila or Rosalia at all tbh.

Glass Animals was rolled over though (they also go as punters)

Capaldi subbing and doing wembley is fine imo, stereophonics did 2 nights at cardiff stadium and a big arena tour and people are saying they would sub for instance. Acts like capaldi are probably one of the ones who benefits the most from glasto publicity - no doubt will do a silly stunt so he'd be stupid not to.

swear rodrigo was rolled over too, i don't think camila would take that slot also given previous huge slots etc, whereas rodrigo is a lot newer of an act

Edited by gfa

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

swear rodrigo was rolled over too, i don't think camila would take that slot also given previous huge slots etc, whereas rodrigo is a lot newer of an act

Rodrigo’s first album was released in 2021 so I doubt she was a roll over.

Camila was 4th or 5th down pyramid for 2020 originally. Don’t think she’s got much bigger since.

Edited by Matt42

Bit of a half wishlist/half prediction

Friday

Pyramid - AM, Pulp, Judas Priest, Michael Kiwanuka, Belle & Sebastian, The Lathums

Other - Prodigy, Royal Blood, Mac Demarco, Thundercat, Parkway Drive, Suede(openers)

JP - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dermot Kennedy, Becky Hill, Griff

WH - Erykah Badu, Tash Sultana, Denzel Curry, Mount Kimbie

Park - Flaming Lips, Summer Walker, Marcus Mumford, Joesef

Saturday

Pyramid - Guns N Roses, QOTSA, Lewis Capaldi, Paloma Faith, Wet Leg, Joy Crookes

Other - Blackpink, Robyn, Ice Cube, Mika, Enter Shikari

JP - Pendulum, London Grammar, Slowthai, Cage the Elephant

WH - Duran Duran, Pa Salieu, Mahalia, Genesis Owusu

Park - PJ Harvey, King Gizzard, Orville Peck, BCNR

Sunday

Pyramid - Taylor, Robbie, Paolo Nutini, Roxy Music, Central Cee, The Specials

Other - Biffy Clyro, Bastille, Loyle Carner, Father John Misty, FKA Twigs

JP - Aitch, The Wombats, Pink Pantheress, Willow

WH - Run The Jewels, Chaka Khan, Danny Brown, Buddy Guy

Park - Fred Again, Bloc Party, Them Crooked Vultures(secret set), The Chats

lemayMO.jpg

31 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Thankfully there's no way this is happening.

West Holts crew have far too much sense.

If Duran Duran would agree to headline the third stage at Glastonbury then this would 100% be a goer and the WH team would be all over it. It’s that they consider themselves too big that would be the roadblock. 

1 hour ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Pyramid - AM, Pulp, Judas Priest, Michael Kiwanuka, Belle & Sebastian, The Lathums

Other - Prodigy, Royal Blood, Mac Demarco, Thundercat, Parkway Drive, Suede(openers)

Saturday

Pyramid - Guns N Roses, QOTSA, Lewis Capaldi, Paloma Faith, Wet Leg, Joy Crookes

Sunday

lemayMO.jpg

Sunday is mental! 

9 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

lemayMO.jpg

That GNR/Pendulum clash!

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

For me it's pretty damn strong, despite at a first look, it didn't look it - but after having a second look and putting in Bold acts I'd enjoy seeing, there is more than plenty to keep me occupied, with the Sunday especially being absolutely stacked for me... Please though Glasto, don't make me choose between Taylor and Fred Again.. that would kill me!

23 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

image.thumb.png.1170a3cb261d70efa88e3816f99b5669.png

That's right, who needs Clashfinder when you've got MS Paint.

Friday is a bit light (and has a horrible YYY/Prodigy clash) at a first glance without too much research, but Saturday and Sunday would be grand.

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

On 10/2/2022 at 7:16 PM, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

isn't this the exact slot joy crookes did this year also?