LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

16 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Not so sure. The way I see it, the recent planning application gives no indication of any significant change to the site plans. Surely any proposed big changes would be included? I’m thinking the new map will be the same old 2022 map, give or take some minor tweaks.

Isn't that what we usually get anyway?  The planning outlines where late night noise is restricted to, but presumably they can still mix things up within that.  The early map announcement was 2010 - I feel like there wasn't much more than tweaks between '09 and '10 (Arcadia didn't move out of SE until 2011, maybe some things got switched around?).  So I'm wondering if a later or earlier map announcement signals more interesting site changes? 

(I'm definitely in the give me the map asap camp, but just thinking asap means less change)

On 1/18/2023 at 4:08 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Not so sure. The way I see it, the recent planning application gives no indication of any significant change to the site plans. Surely any proposed big changes would be included? I’m thinking the new map will be the same old 2022 map, give or take some minor tweaks.

On 1/18/2023 at 4:31 PM, p.pete said:

Isn't that what we usually get anyway?  The planning outlines where late night noise is restricted to, but presumably they can still mix things up within that.  The early map announcement was 2010 - I feel like there wasn't much more than tweaks between '09 and '10 (Arcadia didn't move out of SE until 2011, maybe some things got switched around?).  So I'm wondering if a later or earlier map announcement signals more interesting site changes? 

(I'm definitely in the give me the map asap camp, but just thinking asap means less change)

With the permanent premises licence we know that the Pyramid, Other and West Holt's can't move. 

The other big stages can be jiggled about but the number is fixed. 

The late night stages "group F" can only operate in the late night refreshment areas- the area for which is actually zoned bigger than is used. E.g. it covers 2/3s of Paine's ground. 

So you're right there's still a load of scope to change things about.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

This time last year they announced details of the ETC so we could be getting something on that soon. Not sure if they'd want to announce it at the same time as a big act as it would be over shadowed.

And as if by magic that's exactly what they have just announced...!

Edited by Chef

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Except that the bands that they namedrop as previous winners are almost all doing bugger-all at the moment

Sadly it's mostly the way. Declan McKenna and She Drew The Gun the exception to the rule? If you check back through past BBC Introducing lineups, you wont find many acts that have gone on to be successful.

Edited by Gnomicide

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Except that the bands that they namedrop as previous winners are almost all doing bugger-all at the moment

I think the most notable entrant, not winner, was Scouting for girls?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Sadly it's mostly the way. Declan McKenna and She Drew The Gun the exception to the rule? If you check back through past BBC Introducing lineups, you wont find many acts that have gone on to be successful.

The Subways as well. Think they won the first ever competition, but might be wrong on that. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Not a bad hit rate then really.

agree

given they only select 1 act and its usually far less established ones than bbc sounds etc (basically a talent show), they haven't done half bad