LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Hey guys - sorry slightly of topic - but thought this was a good place to ask????

The rumours section of this website - Is that still being updatesd?

Just wandering why acts like the Prodigy or the Big Moon that are rumoured to appear this year are not showing on there yet - even as an R - 

are they still updating it - seems like there are a lot more rumours than the ones that have been added?

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm beginning to think there might not be any further dedicated announcements and the two remaining headliners and Sunday teatime slot will all be revealed on the initial poster drop. It could be because the timing isn't quite right or that they appreciate that the names strongly rumoured for those remaining slots so far might be a touch underwhelming to announce individually. And we're possibly only 4-6 weeks away from that happening. 

I still think we’ll get at least one before the lineup drop and it’ll either be the Sunday legend or Arctics. The inevitable outpouring of whining that’ll come with GnR being announced is probably best left to be drowned out by the hype over the rest of the lineup coming at the same time. 

13 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

are they still updating it - seems like there are a lot more rumours than the ones that have been added?

its being updated but something needs to be a substance-based rumour and not simply a person's wants.

if you know any substance-based rumours please pass them on.

3 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Genuine question, what do you class as substance-based? 

tell me the story of how you came to hear of a particular rumour, and i'll let you know.

8 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Fair enough. Though I do wonder how rumour/strong rumour works in that case.

things are evaluated on the basis of what it is. if i put in every band name that's going round it would be a huge list, and worthless.

1 minute ago, matrainertje said:

You think we will get another announcement before the poster?

I'd say we are way more than a month away from the poster. It usually drops a week or so before balance payment day for more like end of March than the beginning. I'd expect some more announcements before then either from the festival like a legend slot or another headliner (of any of the major stages) and a couple more self confirms will come. 

31 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'd say we are way more than a month away from the poster. It usually drops a week or so before balance payment day for more like end of March than the beginning. I'd expect some more announcements before then either from the festival like a legend slot or another headliner (of any of the major stages) and a couple more self confirms will come. 

Last two times it's dropped early (and then earlier) in March according to the thingy.  So we're about 4 weeks away.  I think you might be right for this year though, could be slightly delayed due to starting to sell tickets a month late.  Though they'd definitely still have a lineup before the resale, otherwise that gets a bit awkward.  Possibly the delayed ticket sale will of had minimum impact on where they've gotten to at this stage, that might have been more about trying to decide what a ticket should cost.

There should be some interesting changes to the map, with Williams Green going and hopefully something else replacing it, so the map or some sort of positive spin on the area rejig might be something the gets an announcement too, hopefully soon!

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

Last two times it's dropped early (and then earlier) in March according to the thingy.  So we're about 4 weeks away.  I think you might be right for this year though, could be slightly delayed due to starting to sell tickets a month late.  Though they'd definitely still have a lineup before the resale, otherwise that gets a bit awkward.  Possibly the delayed ticket sale will of had minimum impact on where they've gotten to at this stage, that might have been more about trying to decide what a ticket should cost.

There should be some interesting changes to the map, with Williams Green going and hopefully something else replacing it, so the map or some sort of positive spin on the area rejig might be something the gets an announcement too, hopefully soon!

Yep but last year balance payment date was brought forward so it was still in the week before balance payment date. This year it's back to normal. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Yep but last year balance payment date was brought forward so it was still in the week before balance payment date. This year it's back to normal. 

😄 I missed the link between those two - and not sure they quite got to the balance payment in 2020

Lets hope for a few bits and pieces while we're waiting then!

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

😄 I missed the link between those two - and not sure they quite got to the balance payment in 2020

Lets hope for a few bits and pieces while we're waiting then!

Yep I just wouldn't expect it more than 2 weeks ahead of balance payment date. I actually think they might have released it early in 2019 because they knew it wouldn't happen and they wanted to show everyone what we could have won in a Bullseye style 😂

Kinda hope we get one or two non-headliner announcements like we have the past couple of lineups with Lana and Little Simz (and I’m pretty sure there were some more as well…). The headliners are gonna be of absolutely no surprise to us now but would be nice to have some smaller stuff announced that we’re not so sure of. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Kinda hope we get one or two non-headliner announcements like we have the past couple of lineups with Lana and Little Simz (and I’m pretty sure there were some more as well…). The headliners are gonna be of absolutely no surprise to us now but would be nice to have some smaller stuff announced that we’re not so sure of. 

could be just after the brits when someone sweeps up a load of awards maybe

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Would make sense for them to announce some female artists who are playing before dropping a poster which, it sounds like, will have Arctic Monkeys, Guns N Roses, Elton John and Rod Stewart on the top line.

50 minutes ago, p.pete said:

There was nearly a riot on here when the poster hadn't been released 3 days into the balance payment window. 

I would sort of like for them to do something ballsy and not release before payment window and resale. So that those remaining/getting resale show their faith or something. On the other hand if you have cash for one festival this year, I can understand the faith may not be enough to take that decision...

12 minutes ago, moogster said:

I would sort of like for them to do something ballsy and not release before payment window and resale. So that those remaining/getting resale show their faith or something. On the other hand if you have cash for one festival this year, I can understand the faith may not be enough to take that decision...

If they could do that every year I'd be delighted - it would push tickets towards the more dedicated - let all the announcements be about the map, ETC and green & charity initiatives.  An absolute frenzy on here too!  Then drop the lineup Monday morning after the resale.

I know they need to sell out to achieve the things they do, and despite what we think they are in competition with other festivals, especially this year.  Just a dream 🙂