LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I reckon we are all being coerced into listening to radio 2 hoping for something to be announced on Zoe Balls show. 

from most of the band suggestions posted here - most of you would enjoy it!!

3 hours ago, Neil said:

from most of the band suggestions posted here - most of you would enjoy it!!

If you wake up at 6am on Saturday morning you can catch Tony Blackburn’s sounds of the 60s. That’s why his show is on so early, most of his target audience are up for a piss at that time 

Lots of acoustic acts on his show.   By the way, Gilbert OSullivan is doing summer festivals this year 😉😊

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

If you wake up at 6am on Saturday morning you can catch Tony Blackburn’s sounds of the 60s. That’s why his show is on so early, most of us are up for a piss at that time 

Lots of acoustic acts on his show.   By the way, Gilbert OSullivan is doing summer festivals this year 😉😊

FTFY 😁

Since 2005 there's only been one occasion where there has been no Glastonbury line-up announcement in February.

That was 2019. That year we knew one headliner (Stormzy), the Sunday Teatime act (Kylie) and one other (Janelle Monae) by January. The next news we got was the first poster on March 15.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Since 2005 there's only been one occasion where there has been no Glastonbury line-up announcement in February.

That was 2019. That year we knew one headliner (Stormzy), the Sunday Teatime act (Kylie) and one other (Janelle Monae) by January. The next news we got was the first poster on March 15.

Tomorrow it is, then…

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Monday or Tuesday confirmed.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

My thoughts exactly. I reckon they might even keep us waiting until April this year.

it always feels a bit like they've felt forced to announce earlier than planned. and if thats true, this might be the time they work to plan.

3 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Number of acts announced as of 27-Feb

2009: 4
2010: 4
2011: 3
2013: 9
2014: 2
2015: 2
2016: 4
2017: 3
2019: 3
2020: 4
2022: 4
2023: 1

Got to be something this week surely.

Excellent stat, I don’t think even the festival will be aware of these numbers😊

• Like 1

Agree with those saying that the (rumoured) lack of female headliners is going to attract negative comment. 

So, I don't think we will be drip fed headliner confirmations this time - I think the next thing will be the first poster (with plenty of female names, just below the top line).  

And I don't think that will be with us until much closer to the balance window.   So nothing doing for a few weeks yet, I reckon.

(Half posting this in the hope I am completely wrong, and we get something this week!)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

worth doing especially if you can get a sitting on a non music day 🙂 ... sells out pretty quick though 

I can highly recommend this…we always do the Sunday lunch. There is something lovely about sitting down for a great meal and a bottle of wine, especially if it’s been a tough few days. When we’ve had a muddy one, it’s been an absolute pleasure to sit for an hour, eat good food, have great service and feel human again!

4 hours ago, Neil said:

it always feels a bit like they've felt forced to announce earlier than planned. and if thats true, this might be the time they work to plan.

Yeah that’s a fair point.

I don’t really mind them working to a “normal” timeline in a way as at least we’re close to the actual festival by the time we get a poster etc.