LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I suspect it might be down to artists wanting to sell their own shows out first though and straight after COVID pre-cost of living crisis that wasn't as big a deal as we were all desperate to go to gigs again. I have still gone for an early date because I think if Glastonbury can boost that raffle they'd love to but I imagine it's not entirely on them. 

Fest is technically sold out so there is nothing getting in the way of that. Radius clauses dont exist in the uk so its a much different situation. If they did then there would be zero gigs announced for anyone til this month and Glasto announces.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Fest is technically sold out so there is nothing getting in the way of that. Radius clauses dont exist in the uk so its a much different situation. If they did then there would be zero gigs announced for anyone til this month and Glasto announces.

Radius clauses definitely do exist in the u.k., just on a much smaller radius (obvs) than the US. 

Park life and warehouse project being the biggest example I know of, really throttling Manchester's electronic music scene for the bigger acts.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

As someone who puts on gigs and small festivals this is so true. Frustrating that folk will pay eye watering amounts for some bands in arena but not more than £20 for 3 bands in a small city venue or even an all day outdoor small festival 

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting. Mad Cool have a couple headline slots to fill, announcing tomorrow at 8:45pm, which seems late and weirdly specific. Could be linked to that, I guess? 

Maybe LDR on Thursday, Glastonbury on Friday?

Yeah someone mentioned it’s more US west coast time.  Is an odd time for Mad Cool to announce 

13 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

It could affect the programming you're announcing on the poster though which might be why there haven't been other announcements in the interim. 

Dont agree with this at all

poster acts are almost always for the main stages and the chances of them making any kind of substantial changes involving the following is extremely close to zero: 

pyramid, other, West holts, John Peel, Park, Avalon, Acoustic

only possible big changes involve SE corner, silver hayes type stuff which are basically never on the poster

Irrelevant

Edited by Memory Man

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

No EE this year. Didn’t see this change coming.

What!? Didn’t see this coming either. I’m on EE and it’s always great for me! 😞 

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Radius clauses definitely do exist in the u.k., just on a much smaller radius (obvs) than the US. 

Park life and warehouse project being the biggest example I know of, really throttling Manchester's electronic music scene for the bigger acts.

That's because that absolute bellend Sasha Lord (runs whp and parklife) makes all acts sign an exclusivity clause for a year. It's killed the Manchester dance music scene but he's somehow lauded as a god.

Edited by IceCreamVan

11 hours ago, Suprefan said:

The festival pay artists less money than normal festivals so part of the negotiating around that might be don't announce until artists have an optimum chance of selling their own shows. For example Lizzo plays here in the next 2 weeks she might ask them to hold off announcing her until her UK dates are complete so that she optimises her chances of making the most money for her own gigs first. 

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Dont agree with this at all

poster acts are almost always for the main stages and the chances of them making any kind of substantial changes involving the following is extremely close to zero: 

pyramid, other, West holts, John Peel, Park, Avalon, Acoustic

only possible big changes involve SE corner, silver hayes type stuff which are basically never on the poster

Irrelevant

No need to come across quite rude about it, it's just speculation. 

I think John Peel and Avalon are the only ones on that list where I think the chances are a bit more than zero of changes. 

My point was that changes, even if just being discussed but not enacted could be a reason why there haven't been other announcements. 

Maybe you're right and there is nothing in it though.

Need to look at some of the Vodafone partner networks offering good eSIM deals now. I looked at Vodafone directly and they're £25 for a 30 day SIM. I don't need signal that badly 😄 

Am I right in thinking most networks will send you a physical SIM first which you can then convert to an eSIM? I need to keep my actual number active during the festival in case of family emergencies etc.

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Need to look at some of the Vodafone partner networks offering good eSIM deals now. I looked at Vodafone directly and they're £25 for a 30 day SIM. I don't need signal that badly 😄 

Am I right in thinking most networks will send you a physical SIM first which you can then convert to an eSIM? I need to keep my actual number active during the festival in case of family emergencies etc.

Just change fully to Lebara, move your number?