LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Just now, DareToDibble said:

I can’t unfortunately as I pay nothing currently as it’s provided by work (need to stay on their plan) and I also have o2 Family.

Plus I use o2 Priority a lot 😅

Fair enough

I think its genuinelly cheaper to get a lebara sim then a 'placeholder' o2 sim with like 1gb of data just for priority access. I'm pretty sure you can get priority by just buying some pay as you go credit too so like £5 upfront.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Fair enough

I think its genuinelly cheaper to get a lebara sim then a 'placeholder' o2 sim with like 1gb of data just for priority access. I'm pretty sure you can get priority by just buying some pay as you go credit too so like £5 upfront.

Good point.

I’ve realised I’m being thick anyway. I can convert my o2 one over to eSIM and use Lebara (seem to be the best priced for sure) physical one.

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Just change fully to Lebara, move your number?

I'm mid contract with EE but can I add a Lebara number onto my iphone 12 at the same time? 

What about my iwatch?  Can that have two esims connected. 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

45 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm mid contract with EE but can I add a Lebara number onto my iphone 12 at the same time? 

What about my iwatch?  Can that have two esims connected. 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

You can use Dual SIM with the following: iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone SE (3rd generation), and iPhone 14 (purchased outside the U.S.); these models can use one physical SIM and one eSIM. iPhone 13, iPhone SE (3rd generation), and later; these models can use two eSIMs.

not sure how it works on the watch though 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

You can use Dual SIM with the following: iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone SE (3rd generation), and iPhone 14 (purchased outside the U.S.); these models can use one physical SIM and one eSIM. iPhone 13, iPhone SE (3rd generation), and later; these models can use two eSIMs.

Not just iphones. Other better phones are available. 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

thank you 🙂 

That Vodafone announcement strikes me as odd.  Given how badly they have dodged and continue to dodge corporation tax, I wouldn’t have expected the festival to want their branding at the event. I realise EE are no saints either, but Vodafone are notorious for it.

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

That Vodafone announcement strikes me as odd.  Given how badly they have dodged and continue to dodge corporation tax, I wouldn’t have expected the festival to want their branding at the event. I realise EE are no saints either, but Vodafone are notorious for it.

Probably makes them cheaper 😄 

I know what you mean but in terms of ethics I'd guess all telecoms companies are probably as bad as each other but it's an essential service. 

7 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

Money talks

It really does. There's been some hench lay offs lately across all industries lately. Even today I've had two separate people from two separate companies that I work with tell me that they've been let go today. Feels a bit... 2009-y.

20 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Primavera 2022: recyclable cups and an NFT sponsor 

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Anyone think there'll be anything more this week? 

It’s quite possible any announcements are going to be made through the new Vodafone app. They will want to milk the deal for all it’s worth.

Just now, gfa said:

see also APE

i swear basically everywhere has recyclable cups now?

It did create a fun minigame at Primavera where everyone was looking for a 2022 themed cup as it was essentially a free ticket to 2023. Like Maccies Monopoly. 

28 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

I'm on O2, had utter crap signal last year when it was EE, if I even got any.

I’m on GiffGaff which I think use O2 and that was the same. Might try a dual sim this year with a Vodafone PAYG.

3 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Well if you want zero mobile reception and on top of that a festival ticket to potentially cost another £10 added onto the £20 increase next year then by all means take the moral high ground. Youre getting upset at a logistics partnership, thats rich.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I’m on GiffGaff which I think use O2 and that was the same. Might try a dual sim this year with a Vodafone PAYG.

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I had absolutely nothing on Three. 

someone posted in the vodaphone thread

EE had 2 permenant towers and like 13 temporary ones, vodafone had about 7 temporary ones and 3 and o2 had none at all.